The Home Of European Paintball

Predictions for 07 season

Sid_Clan

What's the point!!!
Sep 13, 2005
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
^^That made me laugh...

Intresting that point you made eastie about Lang to Nexus... that really would be something to watch...

but if he's still playing with Budapest Bullets in Mills next year.. he can't play for Nexus in the CPL :D
You never know, with Dave Youngblood now owning NeXus you might find Ollie in a NeXus shirt rather than bullets in Mill Series....hhmmm....

And if you read my other post polly you will see I am saying that the kids of today need the dedication to make it, do you.

A. Go out drinking with your mates once a week and play once a month or
B. Train once a week and go out drinking with your mates once a month?

Simple really.

Sid

Polly

SoManc!
May 30, 2006
****ehole West Yorkshire
www.myspace.com
i go out drinking with mates less than once a month, and i train as often as money allows :D, and when im not training at a site i do about 15/30 mins of drills in my house or garden every day, often without paint or air, such as snap technique, runnin and gunnin etc, the neighbors probably think im on some heavy drugs, runnin round the garden pretending to shoot stuff :D
So at the moment i am doing what i can to improve my game and as i said hopefully it will pay off

Sid_Clan

What's the point!!!
Sep 13, 2005
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
i go out drinking with mates less than once a month, and i train as often as money allows :D, and when im not training at a site i do about 15/30 mins of drills in my house or garden every day, often without paint or air, such as snap technique, runnin and gunnin etc, the neighbors probably think im on some heavy drugs, runnin round the garden pretending to shoot stuff :D
So at the moment i am doing what i can to improve my game and as i said hopefully it will pay off
Is this a glimmer of hope we see....I hope so.

Good luck mate

Sid

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
A. Go out drinking with your mates once a week and play once a month or
B. Train once a week and go out drinking with your mates once a month?

Simple really.

Sid
You're having a laugh aint ya!!? Only if I'm training for a drinking competition...

Flint

Sep 18, 2006
Oxford
The only people that can make your team great is you and your team, I agree 100% with Nick, people either have the passion and drive or they don't, your job is to get a team who all have the same goals as you, trust me, that's not easy.
I know exactly what you mean, it is hard getting the drive. Worst excuse Ive ever had for someone not turning up to training? "I couldnt be arsed" :mad: I think I have however got a core of players who do have the same drive. And any that dont, well they will get left behind.

Sorry Robbo and Buddha, think I may have taken what you have been saying wrong or not as far as you intended. Thanks for what you have said, I appreciate it. :)

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Don't worry Flint, it's all good. As long as we get to where we wanna be, it doesn't matter how we get there. ;)

To expand on this, something that I notice and what Flint sort of mentions sideways, what if you have "The Drive" (I think that should become an accepted term), but the rest of your team play for sh*ts and giggles?

Simple really. Just leave. I know that a sense of loyalty, particularly if they are your mates, may urge you to stay with that team. But all they are doing is holding you back.
Flip the script if you will. Where is their loyalty if you have all these dreams, but they won't support you because they don't feel like getting up in the morning and generally can't be arsed?
Go find a team that shares your ambitions. I'm pretty sure that any time that has The Drive is more than happy to meet with people that have The Drive as well.
As for your mates, well, if they really are your mates they should be happy for you if you get the chance to move up in the world. At the very least, they get to bask in the rub-off coolness of being mates with the next mister Lang.
If they aren't happy for you...well, they ain't your mates really.

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
I've stayed out of this discussion so far, but I feel that our man Buddha's point needs to be underlined. This is exactly what Robbo gave as one short term solution to our problems some time ago: a reorganisation of our existing player-base to ensure that "driven" players are with "driven" teams.

I personally urge all players that really want to succeed in this sport to have a damn good look around at their own paintball team, putting emotions and loyalties aside for one second. If you come to the conclusion that your team probably isn't going to help you achieve what you personally want, then spend a good amount of time looking around for a team that will AND MOVE!

Let's get the motivated players in to serious competing teams, and those players that just want to have fun in "just-for-fun" teams!