Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Prepare yourselves for the 'O word'

Discussion in 'Talking Points' started by Tom, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    Brace yourselves ......

Competitive cheerleading has been announced as a prospective Olympic sport

Await incoming 'why can't tournament paintball be in the olympics then? It's a proper sport not like cheerleading'

Here's your answer:
    Competitive cheerleading have got their act together and met the criteria for participation numbers, national and international organisations etc

Guess what : paintball hasn't

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/38230253

2. Missy-Q 300lb of Chocolate Love

Missy-Q
    Message Count:
    Cheerleading is basically team-gymnastics. I can see how that would be recognised.
    Gonna be a lot more gay medalists in the next Olympics, for sure...

3. Missy-Q 300lb of Chocolate Love

Missy-Q
    Message Count:
    ....not that there's anything wrong with that.

/disclaimer

4. dannydandan Member

dannydandan
    Message Count:
    Ive always thought that tourney ball could make its way to the olympics like football and various other sports have. But Paintballing isn't seen on a commercial level, i.e you see cheerleaders and stuff like that at basketball games and the NFL so on so forth. Cheerleading is also similar to gymnastics in some way shape or form too so i guess it makes sense!

Take skateboarding for example, the sport has had great growing recognition in the past 5 years and thats made it in to the olympics!

Hopefully if more people play Tournament paintball then maybe it might get the recognition it deserves some day to become an olympic sport :)

5. Hunkulus New Member

Hunkulus
    Message Count:
    First they'd have to unify everything. Tags the reason we don't see things like karate. Too many organisations.