Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Prisoners of War, War Criminals or Terrorist???

TheRo0sTer

VW's are the game
Ok now I know why I hate the media...:mad: The news papers all put these pictures of the prisoners who seemed to be held in humain ways. Now upon watching the News this afternoon the real story comes out. These detainies were actaully transferies! The reason for thier restraints is to keep them from biting guards or seeing where they are being taken. They reporter even said these restraints were in the safety of the detainies. That's why we as the public tend to get so outraged! We are given a small part of information of which the important info is once again left out to make the story seem worse than it really was! F*&$ the media for doing that to us!

Dave S ECI

ECI + HFT
Jul 17, 2001
53rd and 3rd
Visit site
There are issues at hand here far greater than any one incident, I will not venture a view on any of these situations as I simply do not have enough information to make an informed decision on any of this.

How involved should the state be? in their own country? in other countries? whose interests do they act in?

You should read the road to serfdom by F.A.Hayek, there are some inherent problems with state planning at a domestic adn international level but it is really highlighted when human life is involved.

The world is not a simple place and there are several contexts to every action in the world, who is able to judge this and determine right and wrong?

Only one thing can be certain and that is that some innocent people will suffer for events outside of their control.

Smokin'

Dec 23, 2001
NorCal
Visit site
As a Firefighter in the States, I have been personally touched by the attacks of 9-11. Brothers I never knew died, like true Hero’s, doing their jobs. The crew of FDNY Truck 111 alone saved hundreds of lives, and willingly gave theirs. A part of the Firefighters prayer is "So others may live." The FDNY showed the world their commitment to those words and lost 343 members. A list of those lost are posted on www.firehouse.com I think it helps to put a name to the victims before anyone bashes the US for its war on terrorism. I truly believe that the FDNY and NYPD were targets of Bin Ladin, why else attack on 9-11.
The terrorist's are prisoners now, It makes no difference to me if they are war criminals, criminals or prisoners of war. They are getting shelter, 3 meals a day, water and medical care. This is more than most got in Afghanistan. So how are they being mistreated?
America had it's head in the sand when it came to the worldwide terrorism. The massive attacks on our soil brought it home to many of us. Reminds me very much of WW2 and how we came to be involved.
I have rambled enough, so let me finish this off by thanking all of you for opinions and ideas. After all that’s what all the bloodshed is for. Your right to share them, freely

Peace to all,
Steve

TheRo0sTer

VW's are the game
Originally posted by Smokin'
The terrorist's are prisoners now, It makes no difference to me if they are war criminals, criminals or prisoners of war. They are getting shelter, 3 meals a day, water and medical care. This is more than most got in Afghanistan. So how are they being mistreated?
Steve

Steve you are correct there. They also get more than most homeless people all over the world. Like I posted in one of my earlier post they could have been left to the Northern Alliance and possibly shot or as a slave!

My hats off to you and your brothers for all the hard work you guys put forth to save so many who had no idea what brought them to where they were.