Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Pro Divisiion Outlook

Discussion in 'Gold Board' started by Blowfish, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Blowfish New Member

Blowfish
    Message Count:
    There are 18 NPPL Pro teams:

1. Dynasty: Sticking with Smart Parts & JT. Who else can afford them?
    2. XSV: They’ll dump Planet & become free agents. Telford is a mercenary who’d sell his mother’s soul for a buck.
    3. Avalanche: The new WDP flagship team. Flame-Hand sells 25,000 angels.
    4. Bob Long: Sticking with NPS.
    5. Arsenal: Free agents. They’ll rep Planet or Smart Parts next year. The most over-hyped under-performing team in paintball.
    6. Naughty Dogs: Staying with NPS. If they can’t make the top 4, what do they bring to the table? Ship has sailed on these guys.
    7. Joy: Staying with WDP. Once Arsenal isn’t there to throw games for them, they’ll return to suckiness.
    8. Infamous: Staying with NPS and sinking into the bottom half of the pros. These guys used to win events, right?
    9. Hurricanes: Left to pick up the scraps left by XSV & Arsenal. If they can’t at least make every Sunday, what good are they?
    10. Rage: Staying with WDP. No one else wants them.
    11. Nexus: Staying with Planet and DYE. Not worth anything in the states anyway.
    12. Sedition: They’ll drop Smart Parts and shoot the Quest next year. Not worth sponsoring.
    13. Tigers: Who cares? Not worth sponsoring. Probably won’t even play NPPL next year.
    14. Evil: May go semi-pro. Otherwise, they’ll stay with PMI (duh)
    15. Smoke: If they aren’t dropped to the semi-pros, Milt’ll sell the pro spot and Smoke’ll go play 3-man.
    16. Ton Tons: May go semi-pro, may survive the cut. Team is going no where but down anway
    17. Bushwackers: Going to the semi-pro division
    18. Shockwave: Going to the semi-pro division

These are the major sponsors:

1. National: Pretty much staying the same. They’ll keep Bobby, the Dogs & Infamous. They’ll pick up Sedition, but that’s hardly worth anything.
    2. WDP: Swapping Avalanche for Arsenal is a good move. They’ll keep their other teams. Smaller stable of teams, but better.
    3. Planet Eclipse: They’ll lose a lot. Bushwackers and Shockwave to the Semi-Pro division. XSV to a bigger company. Nexus is a good team for Europe, but doesn’t have any juice in the states. They’ll probably panic and over pay for Arsenal.
    4. Smart Parts: D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y. What else do they need????
    5. PMI: Without Evil, they’ll have nothing. Of course, with Evil, they have nothing…

2. Baca Loco Ex-Fun Police

Baca Loco
    Message Count:
    Not bad, Blowfish. In fact darn good for a first post and I, for one, appreciate it. Harsh and to the point. Though I gotta say Lanche has problems too that their roster wouldn't suggest. They may be better than the rest but they aren't as good as they oughta be.

3. Ben Frain twit twoo

Ben Frain
    Message Count:
    We need more posts like that around here. Honesty, whether you agree with it or not, is always refreshing.

4. Markie C Carlos Spicy Weiner

Markie C
    Message Count:
    planet will not lose xsv i will put money on it.

good post dont think arsenal will go to planet though.

5. Ben Frain twit twoo

Ben Frain
    Message Count:
    No mention of Dye though. Anyone think more of their bucks will go the way of an NPPL team (rather than x-ball) for 2006?

6. Joey CXBL Spokesperson

Joey
    Message Count:
    I think you'll see the Procaps leaf on the arms of a few of those teams. . . .

7. TJ Lambini New Member

TJ Lambini
    Message Count:
    Neither fish nor fowl

Interesting stuff Hootie...I'll see your 18 and raise you tha following:

XSV to Dye. History schmistory. Hurricanes take their spot as tha main US Ego team.

Lasoya to join forces with Arsenal and take tha whole bunch to tha ever-loving arms of Richmond. A whole new reign of evil beckons.

Dynasty. JT to offer tha biggest deal in tha history of tha world ever to pull them away from Smart Parts.

8. Robbo Owner of this website for my sins ....

Robbo
    Message Count:
    Baca, whilst you and Ben vary from describing the initial post from harsh to honest, I am left thinking this guy is a prick, an informed prick yes (to a point) but nevertheless a prick.

All of the people involved are at the top of the sport and have earned their stripes and for this Blowjob to describe some of the teams in the way that he has is both disrespectful and ignorant to the extreme.
    It is not a tongue in cheek jibe, no way, it is deeply offensive, to me at least, and I would think to most teams he has dispatched so readily to the trash can.

There is only one point of reference that would underwrite such an attitude (but in no way excuses such a tone) is if he plays for Dynasty and can look down from high.
    I doubt very much he holds such a position, or even a position where he has any connections with any team in the NPPL which makes his post even more galling.

A facking wannabee nobody who thinks he can elevate his own status by minimizing the achievements of others either by ridicule or ignorant descriptions.

Ben and Baca, you two go have a good laff and pat each other on the back but try and spare a thought for those teams who have been written off by this jerk in such an ignorant fashion.
    We sweat blood going over there as do Tigers and Shockwave and we are really up against it in oh soo many ways and if our achievements were put in the right context, we may have 10 teams above us (9 of which are American) but we also have a hundred and fifty other American teams below us.
    That says an awful lot if you and Ben bothered to think about it for one second instead of rushing in to commend such insolence.

And if Mr. Blowjob wants to come up to me in Miami and describe my team as
    'Not worth anything in the states anyway'
    I will be more than happy to deal with him and afterwards point him in the direction of thousands of fans over there who cheer us on.

And whilst I am doing that, I will then remind him of the scumbag cheating mofos who all use designer cheat guns and we don't or is that another area where you and Ben can bond because no doubt, Blowjob would call us mugs for taking such a position.
    Have a nice day !!

9. Myth Jason Wheeler

Myth
    Message Count:
    HAHAHAHA

10. Robbo Owner of this website for my sins ....

Robbo
    Message Count:
    Myth, do you find that post offensive or is it just me being oversensitive?