Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

'Pro' events in Europe

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Pro Event in Germany starts...now?

Supposed to start an hour ago...and with a Facebook live feed, but here we are...with none of these things done.

Ah well...who takes the first event? Lucky's looking really strong coming off their weekend win at CPPS.

Can you ever count out the Ton Tons?!
Breakout Spa have their own field and have been grinding the layout, so I expect them to be pretty strong.

Then the team from the US! Which is weird, because I didn't think teams from the US could come over, but hey $$ talks. Especially with Bobby Aviles, and Marcello Margott on the roster. They're going to be very strong as well.

Should be fun to watch, if the feed ever works. :)

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
The location and "grandstand" doesn't look great compared to Nurburgring, and I was looking forward to the livestream today - but now they've announced games will only be streamed at the weekend.

TonTon have been playing semi-pro in the US NXL and winning, so they look dangerous.

Lucky 15's have been training with Breakout over in Belgium, and Firm have made some nice pickups in Ryan Finch & Sam Collins - but sadly Sam is out with an injury. They also picked up Claire, originally from DOA like Sam & Ryan.

Attrition are hungry after their 5th place at CPPS.

And don't forget we have Gilly, Ant & Pete from the UK Refs making the trip.

We'll show the NXL how to party when they come to CPPS in July. There's no strip clubs in Penkridge, so we'll have to improvise. Maybe go to IKEA.

EDIT....well, now we have something......

Last edited:
Reactions: Spikerz

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Yea watching the livestream now, decent enough to be fair. Pbleagues doesn't have any scoring going on, so that's making it a nightmare to follow along.

It's a Pro only event, so only 1 field, run at Solms which is a pretty well known field that hosts the DPL. This is basically another DPL sized weekend for them. So nothing super special.

The UK event in July is also Pro only, but with CPPS on the same weekend it'll feel like a much bigger event, really looking forward to it.

The all divs event is in Chantilly, again, and I just can't be arsed to go over for the 7th time. Bring on a Portuguese event, or a another 'Barcelona' event where we're actually a hour and change drive from Barcelona. Even something in Amsterdam again (other than the god forsaken mud, if it was a couple weeks earlier it would have been fine), I'm ok with a German event if it's in a larger locale.

We'll see next year I guess.

HOORAY SCORES ARE UP!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony Harrison

ant290

BOOOOM!
May 15, 2007
Southampton
ant290.wixsite.com
Saw some players mention a lack of trade stand... but surely if you are in a Pro team... trade stands are pretty irrelevant.

This could be a real eye opener to the European scene as to the scale CPPS can operate at.. seeing as we will have potentially the best setup of the year for the NXL.

Reactions: mctractorboy

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
I was definitely underwhelmed by the grandstands made from pallets.

I had TonTon down to win, but was impressed by the Raiders when they came from being points down to scoring several unanswered points in a row on two occasions.

When you look at the Raiders roster - 3 D3 players, 2 D1 players, 1 D1 player, Bobby from Semi Pro & Macello from Pro - it wasn't exactly a Golden State Kings roster. Shows you there is still a massive skill gap between US divisional players and Euro Pro players.

I understand the UK Refs had some issues in Germany - not with players, but due to other reasons. We'll see if they make their concerns public or if they get them resolved.

Last edited:

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
I was definitely underwhelmed by the grandstands made from pallets.

I had TonTon down to win, but was impressed by the Raiders when they came from being points down to scoring several unanswered points in a row on two occasions.

When you look at the Raiders roster - 3 D3 players, 2 D1 players, 1 D1 player, Bobby from Semi Pro & Macello from Pro - it wasn't exactly a Golden State Kings roster. Shows you there is still a massive skill gap between US divisional players and Euro Pro players.

I understand the UK Refs had some issues in Germany - not with players, but due to other reasons. We'll see if they make their concerns public or if they get them resolved.
Tell all....

Reactions: Bolter