Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pro players in lower divisions

Twizz ECI

London Tigers 2
Jan 8, 2003
Crawley
Well i am sorry Nick but i think that is wrong for Dynasty to play Div 1, they are are going to to thinking to themselves 'we will play 3 events, come 1st each time and that will be enough to get into the SPL.
So, say another team in div 1 that might have a chance to get an SPL Spot happens to draw them in say, 2 of the quarter finals, then they will feel quite unluky to of had to play them twice and get knocked out twice and so don't quite make it into the SPL. I am sure that the team that didn't make it would have worked bloody hard and spent a lot of money to get there to be beaten by a fully sponsored, everything paid for Pro team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure that if Dynasty are there it will mean there will be a lot of worried face's when the draw gets mate,as they will be ranked near the bottom and even more worried face's when the draw for sunday will be made!!!!!!!!!!! I never really did understand why we have 2 locked divisions.

Coldy

Jan 1, 2006
Nottingham
Why?

It would be great to see more american teams return to the MS - and their only option is to play the highest open division!

Much better than a horde of guest players for CPL and SPL teams IMHO.

I hope not only Dynasty, but a bunch of other US teams play Division 1 a few times and qualify for the SPL next year.

Nick
I thought you were against american players playing in divisions 'below' their standard?

Freddie Brockdorff

Olva the Berserker
Aug 22, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I thought you were against american players playing in divisions 'below' their standard?
Shows how much you actually got the point.... PLAYERS yeah, but not teams - they should (IMO) follow the rules as every other TEAM and work their way up the ranks!

Twizz - I kinda see your point but then again what´s the problem, really? If they decide to enter some events this year in order to try and qualify for SPL next season, then yeah let them - it´s the same for them as any other team! They have to play to be able to get a spot in the SPL next season - I actually applaud them if this is in fact what they are trying to do, good on them I say for being willing to go abroad and try and qualify for the locked division equally to every other team! :)

Bare in mind people that saying Dynasty doesn´t neccesarily mean it will be their first team....

Twizz ECI

London Tigers 2
Jan 8, 2003
Crawley
Bare in mind people that saying Dynasty doesn´t neccesarily mean it will be their first team....[/QUOTE]

No disrepect to any team in Div 1 but i think that what ever team they put out they will do very well:D

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Bare in mind people that saying Dynasty doesn´t neccesarily mean it will be their first team....
No disrepect to any team in Div 1 but i think that what ever team they put out they will do very well:D[/QUOTE]

exactly if it wasnt the Dynasty first team then itd be the likes of Aftermath perhaps...

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
Well i am sorry Nick but i think that is wrong for Dynasty to play Div 1, they are are going to to thinking to themselves 'we will play 3 events, come 1st each time and that will be enough to get into the SPL.
So, say another team in div 1 that might have a chance to get an SPL Spot happens to draw them in say, 2 of the quarter finals, then they will feel quite unluky to of had to play them twice and get knocked out twice and so don't quite make it into the SPL. I am sure that the team that didn't make it would have worked bloody hard and spent a lot of money to get there to be beaten by a fully sponsored, everything paid for Pro team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure that if Dynasty are there it will mean there will be a lot of worried face's when the draw gets mate,as they will be ranked near the bottom and even more worried face's when the draw for sunday will be made!!!!!!!!!!! I never really did understand why we have 2 locked divisions.
Well, as long as we DO have locked divisions - do you not agree that any team in the world, that wants to play the Millennium Series, should be entitled to enter the highest Open division?

Ultimately, do we not want the Millennium Series to be a top level competition, with the best teams in the world competing?

Use XSV as a for instance - if they had been formed this year, and wanted to play Millennium Series - do you think they should not be allowed to, because the appropriate division for their level is locked?

- in other words - no new team can ever be formed again, if the players are any good?

See my point? :)

I think it is good the the MS, if US teams come across and try to qualify through the ranks ro reach the CPL.

Nick

Freddie Brockdorff

Olva the Berserker
Aug 22, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Evidently i did get the point.

You moan about american 'Pros' dropping down into spl, but you think that its cool for Dynasty to play div 1.

Give your head a shake.
In all respect I actually think you should be the one giving your own head a shake.... ;)

You seriously don´t see the difference in pro players being hired for teams they have NO affiliations with OR them playing with their own team?

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
Evidently i did get the point.

You moan about american 'Pros' dropping down into spl, but you think that its cool for Dynasty to play div 1.

Give your head a shake.
Try shaking your own first m8 - because you HAVE missed the point.

It was NEVER about the players' level of play!

If was about them not being an integral and real part of the teams they play for - about them just being hired guns, with no real affiliation with the teams and in reality belonging to other teams.

it was about paintball being a REAL team sport, where you need to build your own team - not just rent other teams' players on occasion.

If half the Dynasty roster left Dynasty and joined Team Ipnoz instead - I would be absolutely fine with it, because then Ipnoz - not Dynasty - would be their team!

It should be obvious to everyone, that once you institute locked divisions, promotion and relegation, and similar modes of control, you need to allow any team to enter the highest open division, to attempt to qualify its way through the ranks.

Ultimately, we want the MS CPL to be a division with all the best teams in the world - and we can't preclude them for qualifying for it, because they are too god for the divisions they need to qualify through on the way there.

Nick

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
You moan about american 'Pros' dropping down into spl
BTW - this made me think:

Do people out there really think that we are "moaning" because we are scared to play good teams?

That is just laughable - especially if you know what level I have played at - when I was young and limper :)

My concern is not what teams is down the other end of the field - my concern is that it IS a TEAM.

My concerns are for the future of European paintball - not some selfish concerns on behalf of my own team.

If people don't get that, then they don't know me very well.

Nick