Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pro players ????????

Markie C

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Aug 1, 2004
Northern Quarter
www.northernquarterpb.com
Personally I think the 'Pro' that sells his tops has a way higher opinion of himself than he deserves,If the tops were worth selling you would very quickly see the manufacturers doing it, ala 'Beckham' etc.

Show some humility and give them too the fans,If said fan then sells it on for a buck they are the ones that look like an ******* not the 'Pro'.

I realise pro's have to fund there careers currently so guns ,kit etc..yeh should be sold, but owning a top is specific to a fan and shows real support and admiration for said player.

Certainly in my eyes.
So if any one knows Anna Kournikova can you let her know I admire and respect her and would love one of her tops please.

Well its about supply and demand mate if they can sell them i think they should.

Not all pro players live the dream mate, they have to make a living first and foremost.

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
sell. Unless it is going to a charity event/raffle like has been done on here before to raise money, in which case they should donate.

Fi$h

FunKy-a$$ FleA Ba$$isT
Mar 20, 2003
So$co/Manc/Marseille
Visit site
what i hate seeing is when you get the LTD ed team guns, like the Rage droid up for sale. The teams haven't paid for them, yet take all the profit selling them on, even before they have been used.

-James
You don't know that do you? Teams are businesses. Sponsors don't pay for your flights, your accomodation, entry etc. etc....the TEAM does....and how do Teams do this? They have to sell this, that and the other, to make sure their players are in whatever country with a roof over their heads! It wouldn't make sense for teams to bother themselves selling, say, team guns at a loss or to break even would it? Nobody forces people to buy these team guns, if you like it, you buy it...end of! (Ps, sponsors would be a bit pissed if their teams were undercutting them wouldn't they!!?)

i agree eith dskize, pro players are given their tops, often way more than just one, so why should they profit off the top? They are given the chance to play the game they love and fork out for travel and fees only. We sorry amateurs have to pay for every little thing. I don't see a problem with people selling pro tops on for money as long as its not the pro.

Why should a pro player NOT profit off a top!? When you're being sent all over Europe to play, training in random countrys etc. etc. you have to have some kind of income to help you along the way!

There's waaaaaay too much conjecture as to the 'Pro Life-style'

There have been numerous occasions when I've given away tops to little kids etc. but when your coach says, 'right, need you in France three times this month', you gotta start thinking about your wallet!

Yes and No to selling tops, there are times and places for both! I hate not being able to just give tops away all the time, but it's not like we're given 300 each!

Fi$h

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
You don't know that do you? Teams are businesses. Sponsors don't pay for your flights, your accomodation, entry etc. etc....the TEAM does....and how do Teams do this? They have to sell this, that and the other, to make sure their players are in whatever country with a roof over their heads! It wouldn't make sense for teams to bother themselves selling, say, team guns at a loss or to break even would it? Nobody forces people to buy these team guns, if you like it, you buy it...end of! (Ps, sponsors would be a bit pissed if their teams were undercutting them wouldn't they!!?)

Fi$h
Way to half quote me! :rolleyes:

(this is not aimed at anyone or anyteam btw)

You guys complain that you have to fork our for flights, accommodation, entry fee's.... what about us normal folk.. that have to do just the same, but with out the discounted (if not free) Gun's, gear and paint.

-james

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
Am I the only sentimental ******* who will keep a hold of his tops then? I've only ever let one top go, but it was to somebody I know. The other's i'll never sell no matter what as I'd rather keep a hold of the memories and they're also cool as ****!
Some people also dont seem to realise how much these tops cost to make and aren't always free to pro players. To ask for them for free may work with some people, but unless its the end of the season, you'd do very well to get one

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk

You guys complain that you have to fork our for flights, accommodation, entry fee's.... what about us normal folk.. that have to do just the same, but with out the discounted (if not free) Gun's, gear and paint.

-james
Thats paintball and if you want to play it you have to pay.

Also pro entry fees are more expensive so its got an odd sort of logic.

GSuperstar

Planet Eclipse
Jul 17, 2003
Manchester
www.facebook.com

-james

I'm not too sure where you were heading with this post really?

This is a discussion about whether it's correct for Pro Players to sell they're tops, and an argument that was bought up in favour of this was for funding on flights etc.

Your more... well... kinda bringing up a sympathy vote that's out of place in this thread?

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
Thats paintball and if you want to play it you have to pay.

Also pro entry fees are more expensive so its got an odd sort of logic.
The top level of any sport is expensive. The lower the level the cheaper things are. But the higher the level of sport the more help the teams get, and vise versa.

I'm not having a pop at any pro players, and i have said in my first post, i have nothing against teams selling their gear, but its when teams sell brand new guns/gear that gets my goat.

-James

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
I'm talking about the playing top as a separate entity ,owning a top is like owning Hendrix's guitar if you see what I mean ,which is why I don't see it as a commodity for pro's ..

However I firmly believe that until paintball is a real 'Pro' sport than players have to support themselves however they can ,I also believe that living the pro dream in UK paintball is probably an expensive undertaking and the token jobs most are given in the industry don't pay what us normal 'professional' people consider to be a good wage ,so to be a committed pro in the UK probably costs the player a hell of a lot more money than a few training sessions and a few tournaments does the keen amateur,free kit or not.