Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PRO VS PRO Superleague

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Gaff is emphasising that the places in the superleague would not be able to accomodate all the pro teams in europe.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Sounds like y'all are talkin' cross purposes here.
Rocky likes the SupaLeague idea to validate Pro teams other than the NXL and perhaps a select other few.
Gaff wants something of the same thing from a Euro perspective but he wants it to be as inclusive as possible (in part to assure Storm's participation.)
The problem arises in that you can't project a SupaLeague image if you're not prepared to try and make it an elite league.

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
Originally posted by Baca Loco
Sounds like y'all are talkin' cross purposes here.
Rocky likes the SupaLeague idea to validate Pro teams other than the NXL and perhaps a select other few.
Gaff wants something of the same thing from a Euro perspective but he wants it to be as inclusive as possible (in part to assure Storm's participation.)
The problem arises in that you can't project a SupaLeague image if you're not prepared to try and make it an elite league.
again i agree 100% with both your points baca but my earlier posts show my feelings for this very reason, and they are quite simply that we (we = all teams that are not in the NXL) are playing a bit of catch up because of this TV deal, if we react in a way that then puts teams off that are prepared to spend their time, money and resources to compete at the top level, because we reacted too late and did not think it through thoroughly, then we will be weakening the support from Europe, not strengthening it.

i would love to see a Pro division that all teams played 6 events, and the likes of the Naughty Dogs, Dynasty, etc, etc from the states were a part of as well, because this would than be a TRUE world series.

but i feel if we choose our best teams at the moment then i feel (with some bias i admit!) teams that are prepared and want to compete will be discarded, and you will have a very hard time getting them to step up again later.

and no thought has been taken for the effect it will have on sponsorship deals for any teams that are deemed 'not good enough' for the premier league!

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Well, the board get back from Canada on friday, so i guess we will all know more in a week.:rolleyes: At least it hasn't been left too late:rolleyes:

D

duffistuta

I will put money on the Superleague not happening.

I think Europe is going to get XBall, probably in the form of the Nations Cup again, but possibly as a small EXL...though I doubt it.

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
i would really love to see Xball in Europe, with the likes of the travelling AMerican teams like Dynasty and Bd etc.... but without the sideline coaching and crowd help.

Something fast paced with lots of bunkers to prevent predictability, as the field at Campaign was far too small, and break outs were the same every time. The Sweden Xball field was the best i saw,as it was large and had lots of barricades to break to, and then do damage from.

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
Originally posted by sjt19
i would really love to see Xball in Europe, with the likes of the travelling AMerican teams like Dynasty and Bd etc.... but without the sideline coaching and crowd help.

Something fast paced with lots of bunkers to prevent predictability, as the field at Campaign was far too small, and break outs were the same every time. The Sweden Xball field was the best i saw,as it was large and had lots of barricades to break to, and then do damage from.
Well I have just called Robbo and while we were talking Richmond called him on the other line, and Robbo slammed the phone down on me. So if you wanna know the score phone Robbo cos I am done with him :D

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Originally posted by sjt19

Just to clarify, the size of the playing area at Joy and Campaign were exactly the same. Joy just had a more spacious feel to it.

My opinion on SupaLeague: either Blitzball (the whole package) or X Ball like I wrote about in the other thread on the same subject.

Steve

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Andy Piper
Well I have just called Robbo and while we were talking Richmond called him on the other line, and Robbo slammed the phone down on me. So if you wanna know the score phone Robbo cos I am done with him :D

No comment !