Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

problem with a bottle (i think)

Connor Nourse

The Viking
Apr 16, 2014
so i got a bottle of fleebay, and all was good, until i saw the fill nipple, its pictured below and i'm not sure if its supposed to look like that.. (forgive me if not)
also, i was told by the guy i bought it off that the next date test is not till next year, but not sure as i cant see the date of the last test (also pictured below) as it is too blurry
has anyone got any help?
thanksIMG_1245.JPG IMG_1246.JPG

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Is the worry with the fill nipple that there are rust spots?
These probably don't need to be a concern

When the bottle is realy empty then the fill nipple can move and rattle, when under pressure fit will be sealed.

If you're not confident about the full nipple then it can be easily & cheaply replaced - buy one, or find a friendly player with a well stocked tool & spares kit, fully drain the air, unscrew the fill nipple, make sure no residue drops into the bottle, check the threads are clean (again if necessary make sure any flecks of loctite or bits of ptfe tape are pulled out and don't drop in, check the threads of the new one - if pre treated with dry loctite then use it as is, if not wrap a little ptfe tape on the thread, screw it in by hand and tighten with a spanner. Keep a spanner handy when you go to fill it in case it needs tightening a little

Test date - have a look around for the other markings. There will be a born and a final date which are 15 years apart. See if it makes sense, EG as you were told the next test is next year 2015, then if the test was done at the due time then the final would be 2020, the born date 2005 and the previous test 2010

Failing that to be sure ring hpac and they will confirm the previous test

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
All the tanks I have ever sold which have been into a service centre for re-test have ALWAYS been supplied with said certificate to confirm it has been done.

Have you asked the buyer if they have a copy?

It's like buying a car which has an MOT and the seller not providing the MOT certificate and just sticking a sticker on the car with a date written on it.

As it happens, the H-PAC sticker looks authentic so I'm sure it could be just a misunderstanding on this occasion.

online via my uber funky Galaxy Note III

Connor Nourse

The Viking
Apr 16, 2014
Is the worry with the fill nipple that there are rust spots?
These probably don't need to be a concern

When the bottle is realy empty then the fill nipple can move and rattle, when under pressure fit will be sealed.

If you're not confident about the full nipple then it can be easily & cheaply replaced - buy one, or find a friendly player with a well stocked tool & spares kit, fully drain the air, unscrew the fill nipple, make sure no residue drops into the bottle, check the threads are clean (again if necessary make sure any flecks of loctite or bits of ptfe tape are pulled out and don't drop in, check the threads of the new one - if pre treated with dry loctite then use it as is, if not wrap a little ptfe tape on the thread, screw it in by hand and tighten with a spanner. Keep a spanner handy when you go to fill it in case it needs tightening a little

Test date - have a look around for the other markings. There will be a born and a final date which are 15 years apart. See if it makes sense, EG as you were told the next test is next year 2015, then if the test was done at the due time then the final would be 2020, the born date 2005 and the previous test 2010

Failing that to be sure ring hpac and they will confirm the previous test
no, i was more worried about the thing in the fill nipple :L the bit inside the ring (if that makes any sense)
and the test date should be ok, i suppose you must be able to send it in for hydrotesting early just in case?

Connor Nourse

The Viking
Apr 16, 2014
All the tanks I have ever sold which have been into a service centre for re-test have ALWAYS been supplied with said certificate to confirm it has been done.

Have you asked the buyer if they have a copy?

It's like buying a car which has an MOT and the seller not providing the MOT certificate and just sticking a sticker on the car with a date written on it.

As it happens, the H-PAC sticker looks authentic so I'm sure it could be just a misunderstanding on this occasion.

online via my uber funky Galaxy Note III
i will ask him now, thanks

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
mREsdIRvbOB3BjLn_3LtiEA.jpg The thing inside the fill nipple you can see is the pin which holds the oring on the other end that seals the nipple when in use, there's nothing wrong with it as it is, there are different designs of fill nipple with many you can't see the pin as it's quite short. And as for the hpac sticker i don't think i've seen one that isn't smudged like that.

Reactions: Connor Nourse

Connor Nourse

The Viking
Apr 16, 2014
View attachment 37309 The thing inside the fill nipple you can see is the pin which holds the oring on the other end that seals the nipple when in use, there's nothing wrong with it as it is, there are different designs of fill nipple with many you can't see the pin as it's quite short. And as for the hpac sticker i don't think i've seen one that isn't smudged like that.
oh ok, thanks