The Home Of European Paintball

Problem with Breaks. Ego or Paint.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by Andy Steele
nah mate it wer the paint yesterday mate ive got a brand new 06 ego and it wer just soup coming out of my barrel, it wer worst with my stock barrel but i put ians (lovetone) barrel on (oh i borrowed your barrel by the way ian lol) and i got a little better but it still wernt its best.
no probs mate any time

bear in mind that its a .688 so smaller than the stock barrel
if the sterling was a fairly big bore then it would still have issues with barrel breaks...

Equinox

Go Ball Deep!!!
nice one, i was pretty sure it was a weather/paint issue, but in thge past i have really avoided playing in winter, so i wasnt sure as the sterlings meant to be a winter formula, think i will stick with the midnight.
Will change my battery & Detents anyway. and now have an excuse to get a 2 piece shaft or dye barrel.

Thanks for all your usefull help and advice guys..

T

TendringLOEB

weve been using the zap spank winter formula oil based stuff recently, thats been going through our gats great, and its a ******* to wipe off!

webby

University Barbarians
My cyborg decided to be a pain in the ass on sunday, mainly cause it has been sitting around for 6 months without a clean or relube. I managed to fix the problem at home by stripping it, cleaning, relubing and replacing a couple orings.

Now onto my point. Since I could not use my borg I was using my mech outkast. I tried my boomstick (I think it's approx 0.688) which resulted in soup. I then used my equation kit with a 0.691 insert (biggest I had) and there were less breaks but still approx 1/5 a hopper per game.

I'm guessing it was the paint/cold/barrel as the majority of my paint seemed fairly dimpled, and I guess I could have done with using a larger bore barrel.

Live and learn.

Trems

knee is broken again :[
Dec 3, 2004
West Mids
I think the hoppers get away with murder and people are too quick to blame their gats....

My hopper was acting straingely and i think this was due to the batteries, at the time i didnt link the two but when youre shooting high rates of fire an erratic feed could cause soupage (technical term;))

On the ego the batt showed 1/4 full at the end of the day, however at room temp in my house after they showed 3/4 full, now bear in mind that the bat in the ego has the warmth of being held in your hand for most of the time and surrounded by rubber grips, whereas the hopper batts are surrounded by cold air and thin plastic, i didnt have a multimeter to hand but i'd bet money the output of the batts was abysmal!

If i play in such temps again i have bought some little hot pad things that heat up when you open them and last for 7 hours, one is going in place of the foam block in my hopper and the other in my pocket to keep the trigger fingers warm and supple...£1.99 for a pack of 2 :D