Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Problem with Breaks. Ego or Paint.

Scars

Retired tattooed lout!
Originally posted by Trems
I think the hoppers get away with murder and people are too quick to blame their gats....

My hopper was acting straingely and i think this was due to the batteries, at the time i didnt link the two but when youre shooting high rates of fire an erratic feed could cause soupage (technical term;))

On the ego the batt showed 1/4 full at the end of the day, however at room temp in my house after they showed 3/4 full, now bear in mind that the bat in the ego has the warmth of being held in your hand for most of the time and surrounded by rubber grips, whereas the hopper batts are surrounded by cold air and thin plastic, i didnt have a multimeter to hand but i'd bet money the output of the batts was abysmal!

If i play in such temps again i have bought some little hot pad things that heat up when you open them and last for 7 hours, one is going in place of the foam block in my hopper and the other in my pocket to keep the trigger fingers warm and supple...£1.99 for a pack of 2 :D
Your other option is drop yer battery pack down yer kegs! Keep it relatively warm, its also a good excuse for a scratch about:p

Trems

knee is broken again :[
Dec 3, 2004
West Mids
You just like touching balls....and not necessarily your own either!

(word of warning to all, at tournies and training alike, be it cold or hot scars WILL try to hug you...):eek:

:D

Trems

knee is broken again :[
Dec 3, 2004
West Mids
At the end of the day you gotta think that all modern gats use sophisticated electronics and software that calculates using super fast logrythms and operates timing functions to a tenth of a millisecond, if the voltage supplied to the board is fluctuated or too low it will probably effect the operation of it and possibly give problems...and when your cycling at high rates and firing something as fragile as a paintball there isnt much room for error.

Equinox

Go Ball Deep!!!
again, Thanks all for your Valuable Input...

ive changed my battery, and Detents (courtesy of paintball budgie. cheers m8) but i found the problem in the end..

the Paint.. went out today in my local wasteland to try a theory.
My Ion (whitch a m8 borrowed at the same event with suposidly the same paint and fired fine..) was a soup cannon with it.
My Warsensor fired soup.. and my mates JT fired soup with it.
however, with other paint, all 4 guns were ok..

i must have had a bad box at the training day :(

again, thanks all for your help..

Skeet

Platinum Member
Apparently..Nicky T says that most breaks are due to paint...normally, your HALO is squishing them too much, fracturing them..as soon as you shooty the ball, you just blast it to bits in teh barrel.

This also gives teh effect of balls exploding in mid air, a few feet from teh barrel...which looks quite cool in a string..