Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

ProMat - Sports Changing Mat

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Great idea, I was thinking about how much I needed one of these at the weekend while hopping from one foot to the other in a muddy carpark :)

.....oh and note to self, before stripping down to your undercrackers in the bricketwood carpark, check to see if any of the parked cars contain parents waiting to collect their sprogs. Close call, they almost got to see the old chap flapping in the breeze!

Edit: @Jason_Wheeler_ - tried to email you mate but got this mail failure notice:
Hence why more of us this year have gone for the new Empire XLT bag when it arrives in UK.

Has a changing mat built in the side of it..... (last 2 versions of XLT had the same too).

My thoughts on a changing mat are that it's a great idea and addition to your equipment, but just another thing you have to take with you on the day and store after.

Built in the bottom for your kitbag is the way to go....

online via my uber funky Galaxy Note III

Reactions: phil-boy

Jason_Wheeler_

Mar 8, 2010
Jason.wheeler@leprojetk.com is the new email
mate

Great idea, I was thinking about how much I needed one of these at the weekend while hopping from one foot to the other in a muddy carpark :)

.....oh and note to self, before stripping down to your undercrackers in the bricketwood carpark, check to see if any of the parked cars contain parents waiting to collect their sprogs. Close call, they almost got to see the old chap flapping in the breeze!

Edit: @Jason_Wheeler_ - tried to email you mate but got this mail failure notice:

Jason_Wheeler_

Mar 8, 2010
The thing is this is a niche and universal product which it allows all people with whatever sponsorship you have to use. It also can be used for other sports or things that don't require a big bag.

I agree in a kit bag is a good idea but if you have a bag already it's cheaper to buy the mat at £20.

Hence why more of us this year have gone for the new Empire XLT bag when it arrives in UK.

Has a changing mat built in the side of it..... (last 2 versions of XLT had the same too).

My thoughts on a changing mat are that it's a great idea and addition to your equipment, but just another thing you have to take with you on the day and store after.

Built in the bottom for your kitbag is the way to go....

Reactions: niallist and alexd

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
The thing is this is a niche and universal product which it allows all people with whatever sponsorship you have to use. It also can be used for other sports or things that don't require a big bag.

I agree in a kit bag is a good idea but if you have a bag already it's cheaper to buy the mat at £20.
Totally agree with what your saying.

Honestly, I think it's a great idea and your points above really are valid.

Not everyone can afford bags like the XLT too as they are very expensive to buy so your product does definitely have a place in the current market.

Was pointing out in particular to @Gadget as he is from my team and does benefits from the great support we get from Empire.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Yeah Russ I was debating getting one of the XLTs as that feature did appeal and they look amazing but...

a) I've already got a perfectly good kit bag that takes all my stuff.
b) I prefer leaving my big bag in the car and just taking the essentials in a rucksack to the field, stops stuff going walkies! ;)
c) I stash my kit in the loft and can just about squeeze my PE bag up there, dunno if a bag the side of Sweden would fit.
d) The changing mat is fixed to the bag, making it less convenient to clean
e) They're still a big chunk of change!

Just having something small that I can chuck in the boot of the car like the ProMat sounds ideal for me. :)

Jason_Wheeler_

Mar 8, 2010
Update of the latest ProMat and final design.. in red and blue.. see you at the CPPS! or e-mail me at jason.wheeler@leprojetk.com to pre-order

Attachments

Reactions: alexd

Henry.B

London Hope #73
Jun 9, 2002
Amersham
these would be pretty good for outdoor climbing and apnea sports where you get in the sea from the beach