Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Proper Noob Question (Battle Packs)

slowreality

The Dude
Jun 14, 2020
Pelsall, West Mids
Ok so I’m looking at Pod Belts and on Just Paintball there’s one that says 4+7 in the title……

What does that mean? :LOL: It holds 4 x pods but when you add 4 + 7 you get 11……is it a really easy answer and I’m just being a bit of a plum here?!?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Ok so I’m looking at Pod Belts and on Just Paintball there’s one that says 4+7 in the title……

What does that mean? :LOL: It holds 4 x pods but when you add 4 + 7 you get 11……is it a really easy answer and I’m just being a bit of a plum here?!?
Exactly that

The first number is the pod packs primary design, it has 4 ‘tubes’ to securely hold 4 pods
The second number is some extra elastic slots, it can take an extra 7 when you need to

The extra elastic isn’t as secure - which doesn’t mean they will fall out but they can be wobbly. You don’t want to be running a lot with a full pack, and it is harder to put your empty pods back in to the elastic. That’s fine on a tournament field but in the woods you could be leaving pods behind or dropping them into your jersey

slowreality

The Dude
Jun 14, 2020
Pelsall, West Mids
Exactly that

The first number is the pod packs primary design, it has 4 ‘tubes’ to securely hold 4 pods
The second number is some extra elastic slots, it can take an extra 7 when you need to

The extra elastic isn’t as secure - which doesn’t mean they will fall out but they can be wobbly. You don’t want to be running a lot with a full pack, and it is harder to put your empty pods back in to the elastic. That’s fine on a tournament field but in the woods you could be leaving pods behind or dropping them into your jersey
Yeah I lost a full one the other day. Was gutted! Need to find a pack that’s a bit more secure, tbh I only ever take about 3 x Full Pods and my Hopper max usually :unsure:

Palin86

Oct 28, 2020
Hay dude

what sort of thing are you looking for magnetic closing? velcro? zero g?

with your emek and your style of play id probably say get a 4/5 velcro pack with no extra loops! as you say that you only take 3+ hopper out a 4/5 would give you the ability to expand if you play bigger games / scenarios and coupled with a bigger tank means less time in staging area and more time shooting paint!

next time im at warped i will bring a few different styles for you to have a look at and try using see what best fits your style of play!!
i have so many packs as i started off buying new ones and realised they didn't fit my style of play so have like 4 spare packs now!!