Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Propper hands on with the .50

Jacko

On the prowl again
Sep 16, 2005
cambridge
www.worldatwarpaintball.com
OK I had the pleasure of piper at our site today with the GI Milsim site/tourney guns
and paint.

After shooting the site marker FM-50
Its a sweet bit of kit,,very robust and well made,,easy to maintain,,very quiet,,and just as accurate if not more than the.68

Now after shooting my business partner with the tourney grade paint "at a fair distance" I shot him three times all three balls burst,,and with good grouping and leaving nice bright marks on him.

All-so had a go on the mid ranged nano only dry fired it though,,but again was impressed with the build quality and looks of this very small and the lightest marker I have ever held.

So over all very impressed and will probably be switching our site markers over to .50

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
A question for site owners - would you still permit walk-ons to participate using .68 markers if all of the site guns are .50? If rental players become used to the lower impact of the smaller projectiles, I can see some issues if walk-ons begin dishing out the man-size welts with .68s.

Jacko

On the prowl again
Sep 16, 2005
cambridge
I think most sites run there walk ons separate to there rentals,,but i dont see a problem with running them side by side with the .50...it still hurts,,plus the walk ons have all-ways had an advantage over rentals with there rate of fire and better accuracy.

DJForbes

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2009
petitions.number10.gov.uk
firing a gun down a range isnt exactly a test. and this is all am hearing everywhere i look. i fired one on a range, i shot a friend, i dried fired it

i want ingame testing with real people firing it and being hit. i could blow a ball down a range and get 3 hits 3 bursts

Jacko

On the prowl again
Sep 16, 2005
cambridge
firing a gun down a range isnt exactly a test. and this is all am hearing everywhere i look. i fired one on a range, i shot a friend, i dried fired it

i want ingame testing with real people firing it and being hit. i could blow a ball down a range and get 3 hits 3 bursts
Last time I checked I was a real person who has been playing for seven years and that I did shoot another real person,,and it wasn't "down range"
How much more do you need,,and what difference is there to shooting someone in game to just shooting someone.........Im no dumb ass i know how to shoot a gun,,,and i know what paint should do.

DrunkZombie

Team GBH
May 27, 2007
England, kent
www.team-gbh.co.uk
I suppose you could say its like driving a car on a test track, it might handle differently on a real road.

Would be nice to see some real world games being played. .50 Vs .68
Two teams, one with .50 and one with .68 Play 3 points then swap sizes and play 3 more points.
Then an interview with the players who just played. (who would have nothing to do with the guys and gals making and selling either size paint)

DJForbes

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2009
petitions.number10.gov.uk
Last time I checked I was a real person who has been playing for seven years and that I did shoot another real person,,and it wasn't "down range"
How much more do you need,,and what difference is there to shooting someone in game to just shooting someone.........Im no dumb ass i know how to shoot a gun,,,and i know what paint should do.

in a game you both move around. ever shot that gun while moving ? or at amoving target ?

ever used it a full round ?
ever used it in for example woods ball ?

Adamantium

Modfather
Oct 25, 2006
London
www.tech4.tv
jesus dj, chill out, he was giving info, not asking for an argument. F***cks sakes, cant people ever have a read up without trying to think their better than someone else on the forums. Wind your neck back in.

chuckwood

Now back in Australia!
Aug 2, 2008
Adelaide, South Australia
I saw the 50cal balls that Jacko bought down to Apoc at Shanksie's charity game last week and was intrigued. Will be interesting to see if we have a VHS/Beta war with 50cal V 68cal [Or HD DVD V Blueray for younger readers ;)]
Thanks for the feedback Jacko!