Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Pro's and Cons of Magfed?

Discussion in 'MagFed Discussion' started by Connor Nourse, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Critical_Mass Member

Critical_Mass
    Message Count:
    Personally i prefer the Magfed side as i find it more fun and rewarding than just spraying paint.

2. Gadget Platinum Member

Gadget
    Message Count:
    Pros:

Less paint in the air encourages more movement
    In theory a cheaper day out (not with FS)

Cons:

Many markers use tech that was obsolete in the early 90s. Swapping springs to adjust velocity was fine on your Sterling STP, but in 2017? Seriously?
    Generally awful ergonomic design of markers - yes a high level stock is a great idea when you need to compensate for recoil, but not needed on a paintball marker and a royal PITA when you're wearing a mask, M16 grips, about as comfy as a kick in the pods etc.
    Paintballs aren't designed to be fed against gravity, so rock hard shells or mush in your mags. There's a reason paintball loaders have always fed down.
    The whole 'it's not magfed!' whining when people want to use a stickfeed
    The milsim aspect (both markers and player gear)
    First Strike, (aka cheating for rich people) :D
    Box mags. They're hoppers. Shush, they just are.
    Full auto - "mag fed needs more skill as you don't just spray and pray", erm?
    Mags - expensive, really impractical for paintball (lots of lovely hard points on your front for max breakage, genius!) and horrendous to clean if a ball breaks.

Slapping a stick feed on a modern marker would be hugely cheaper, more practical and provide better performance in every way.

James ECI likes this.
  3. Thebandit New Member

Thebandit
    Message Count:
    Would playing mag fed not be more entertaining and fun, surely it will make the player think more and be more tactical :) mag fed is also more challenging and deffinately has to make the player preserve their ammo hehe. The pros and cons are all real but in the end it is up to the player what they prefer