The Home Of European Paintball

Pro's and Cons of Magfed?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
There are 'air efficient' and 'non air efficient' guns

Magfed in principle is limited in paint, and therefore does not have efficiency as it's main priority

Speedball has efficiency as a priority for some. EG a back player who is shooting pretty much constantly in a 5 minute game in support of the rest of his team wants a lot of paint and the air to shoot it. Efficiency makes his air last longer

A number of magfeds have old fashioned and inefficient internals. But there are also modern 'hi tech' ones such as the dam

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
But with the point Daston was making with the x7 being an air hog - the x7 is not magfed
He was highlighting that he enjoyed using his pistol when his x7 ran dry, and therefore with his experience of pistol fun that limited paint in magfed would be fun

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I can confirm it is fun.
I've played with a good few guns with a lot or a little of paint

I've played nvs with just a pistol - bloody good fun leaning out of a doorway to a few hundred of the opposition and pistol shooting at them

Aartwood

Jul 10, 2013
For me the attraction of magfed is the lack of fear towards getting shot with a hopper full of paint!, makes me feel braver, more willing to move, more adrenaline personally. Especially running with a pistol as a primary makes me fell badass to no end ;)

kudosbudo

Dec 2, 2010
Yorkshire
The biggest difference is how fast the game can get. Not only can you move fast but your opponents can too. Less paint in the air means you have more openings to move from cover to cover. And the silence at the start of a match. At a regular walkon you get that constant rat a tat as everyone runs and fires. At most magfed games its just feet pounding and the occasional pop which can make for some jumpy and intense games.

As for Pro's and con's, not really sure. I enjoy both styles equally but have never played a regular walkon with anything other than a pistol or two. in fact the first time I used my enmey was with a 50 shot grav hopper at a mixed limited/magfed game!

QBaller

Oct 31, 2013
Glasgow
Agree. Huge amount of tactics on both sides but the way you adopt them is difference. The speed is a big difference. You don't get the volley of cover fire on the break as you need to conserve paint. Also.....big difference in communication when you try to stealth your way across.

Shane Constantine

Jan 11, 2015
My plan for big games is my m17 with boxmag. This means best field of view, fast reload, large capacity and full auto (cats stock with 88ci tank)! These are some advantages. Not forgetting first strikes which are far superior to regular paintballs.

blu330ciracer

Jun 18, 2015
Mag fed paintball is a lot of fun, I suggest you try it it. It just tends to seem more realistic when you have to reload and put in a other clip. It also requires you to keep track of how many shots you've fired. If I could find a pistols only game, I would definitely want to join in on it.

Henry.B

London Hope #73
Jun 9, 2002
Amersham
Hey guys,

I'm in the Buckinghamshire area, nearish London, and looking to get into this as a bit of a different thing to constant tournament 'ball... where are the best places to play magfed/scenario, and are their any local groups/teams about?

Pretty much looking for general advice on it

Thanks!