Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pro's and Con's of the DLX Luxe?

pablo666

I have owned a few since the release of them so guess i'm entitled to comment
Pros:
- Easy to set up to your own specification via voiced settings
- I find they are very much ball on ball gats, however I have found that sometimes in the cold they are a bit off.
- The trigger curve makes the gun very easy on the hand, has all the usual adjustments and it is reasonably light-weight so useful when playing both sides of the bunker/snake.
- The after-service from Smart Parts and Luxe is excellent, several times I have sent mine away and had various things sorted or replaced at very good pricing (even free :eek:) and high levels of communication.
- Only a few screws removed and you have the gun in pieces, easy to clean due to this.
- I don't know about air efficient personally, I would say it's average to good on air. (based on a game in div 2 CPPS using fill to 3000 psi)
- It is very good at not breaking paint, be sure to look after the bolt and clean and lube regularly or you will have problems.
- Rechargeable Battery, so if you own for a few years definitely saves on the old 9V's!

Cons:
- Small pieces such as screws can get lost very easily, you do get a spare kit but as with all spare kits, half the time they don't have what you need haha!
- There is a copper wire piece under the grip which deals with the Eyes, (can't remember the name), and it is so easy to break so be careful.
- The eye covers are magnetic, which can cause problems and make them easy to lose if careless
- It is expensive, but in my opinion it is worth it, especially considering after market service.
- It is a paintball gun...there will be problems!

On the whole though mate they are sweet guns, why do you think teams such as Heat and Art Chaos shoot them.

Hollywood87

Jul 22, 2012
Great guns all around. Smooth, shoot great and consistent. They do everything you need to and they are pretty easy to service and maintain. The only cons would be they can be finicky with cold weather and garbage orings. As long as you run hbnr ones in it you will never really have an issue. Make sure to check out the oring fitment videos on YouTube as well and make sure you lube them and you will be fine.

Chris@warpedsports

Sep 3, 2012
warped hq
www.warpedgear.co.uk
I have owned a lot of luxes. They are great guns!

PROS

probably the best shooting gun on the market
Super smooth
quiet
Very gentle on paint
rechargeable battery

CONS

The price isn't for the feint hearted
Need more TLC than say a poppet marker but to be honest all I ever do is clean and re-lube every couple of times I use it and that's it!
They are not as good on air as other top end not sure why people say they are efficient its well known spoolies arnt the best on air I get 5 pots and a rotor out of mine on 3k fill in a 68cu which isn't as high as other top ends but still enough to play tournies etc.

All in all im a fan of the luxe! its a great gun and has proved itself pretty much on the same engine since 2008 :)

Reactions: M4rkm93

M4rkm93

You stay classy!
Sep 13, 2012
Coventry
Expect older Luxe prices to crash somewhat as an OLED version will be coming out in the next couple of months.
They won't crash. The OLED version has very very minor modifications to the internals, other than that the only difference is the board. Plus they are releasing the OLED screen as an after market upgrade to previous Luxe's as well.
Luxe 2.0s are so finely tuned and perfected that there really isn't much you can do to improve it.

Chris@warpedsports

Sep 3, 2012
warped hq
www.warpedgear.co.uk
The only confirmation from dlx is the OLED board which is going to be backwards compatible! the other minor changes haven't been announced.. could be a slight mod to the bolt system or very slight milling changes. but either way these will also be backwards compatible apart from cosmetic changes.

I guess the they will maybe drop a touch in price but tbh luxes hold there money very well as they don't release a gun every year.

A luxe 1.0 is still fetching £450 in good condition no other 08 guns sell at that price really. although im guessing that will drop a touch and anybody who can pick one up for less is getting a decent shooter imo. I still have a 1.0 and just sold my 2.0.

Reactions: M4rkm93

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Still boggles my mind how they fetch so much money. I would really take issue with the 'perfect' claim, it's efficiency is far from good and I've seen some stuff about the boards being a lil flimsy. Almost all the vaguely high end guns are very very good, they are all insanely consistent, compact and shoot whatever RoF you ask of them. It's completely and utterly personal preference/taste, in particular all this 'smooth shot' stuff.

IMHO the only way to decide if a gun is right of you is to take it and it's peers in your hands and spend some time playing with them to see which you personally prefer.