Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Pro's begging for money!

Discussion in 'Speak your Brains' started by Richiemonk, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Richiemonk CPPS 2018....Cats are coming!

Richiemonk
    Message Count:
    It's the fact that they were probably surprised that everyone didn't suddenly donate hundreds of dollars for their cause. It's just annoying,
    To be fair, they have now apologised (ish) for the way it came across and the way it was pushed out.

2. Spikerz Well-Known Member

Spikerz
    Message Count:
    Damian already looks like a hobo.

3. onasilverbike I'm a country member!

onasilverbike
    Message Count:
    Or turning tricks for Sailors! ;)

4. Spikerz Well-Known Member

Spikerz
    Message Count:
    They said any proceeds above their target will be donated to charity. Fair play for that.

Schmickle likes this.
  5. shoaibaktar Well-Known Member

shoaibaktar
    Message Count:
    I find it suprising that no one has yet pointed out ,most of the countries they will beat have already paid for them to come over here! I don't think their asking for a free ride outrages the paintball community .But it is a symptom of the divide in this game ,that looks like it will never leave .

Missy-Q likes this.
  6. Balls of Fury Cockers Rule.. Matrix Drool

Balls of Fury
    Message Count:
    I see no problem in this it happens in other sports. It's very common for example in F1 for drivers to have financial backers to help them be in a position to get a drive in a race car..

But there is a flip side. If I invested in a players career in this manner you would expect some sort of advertisement, memorabilia, aknowdgement (I.e names of those who gave on the players shirt) or reimbursement from winnings depending on how much you gave and why you gave it..

After all there's no such thing as a free lunch

7. Wilsano Run 'n' Gun!

Wilsano
    Message Count:
    I encourage the use of setting up a Go-Fund me page. These are the very top competitors in the sport and as such, I would imagine they play a lot of events. Without knowing the in's and out's of their finances, I would imagine they make very little if not lose money, even including sponsor benefits.

By setting up a Go-Fund me page they are allowing their fans from all over the world to help them out, I don't see an issue with it - we would all do the same if we had a following.