Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pro's begging for money!

Richiemonk

Jul 24, 2005
Norfolk
It's the fact that they were probably surprised that everyone didn't suddenly donate hundreds of dollars for their cause. It's just annoying,
To be fair, they have now apologised (ish) for the way it came across and the way it was pushed out.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
remember folks, you always have the option to read something you don't agree with online, and then completely move on with your lives.

I don't see a huge problem with them asking, especially seeing as most pro paintball players will end up begging for change and living under a bridge somewhere by the age of 45.
Damian already looks like a hobo.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
remember folks, you always have the option to read something you don't agree with online, and then completely move on with your lives.

I don't see a huge problem with them asking, especially seeing as most pro paintball players will end up begging for change and living under a bridge somewhere by the age of 45.
Or turning tricks for Sailors! ;)

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
They said any proceeds above their target will be donated to charity. Fair play for that.

Reactions: Schmickle

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
I find it suprising that no one has yet pointed out ,most of the countries they will beat have already paid for them to come over here! I don't think their asking for a free ride outrages the paintball community .But it is a symptom of the divide in this game ,that looks like it will never leave .

Reactions: Missy-Q

Balls of Fury

Cockers Rule.. Matrix Drool
Jul 17, 2017
South London
I see no problem in this it happens in other sports. It's very common for example in F1 for drivers to have financial backers to help them be in a position to get a drive in a race car..

But there is a flip side. If I invested in a players career in this manner you would expect some sort of advertisement, memorabilia, aknowdgement (I.e names of those who gave on the players shirt) or reimbursement from winnings depending on how much you gave and why you gave it..

After all there's no such thing as a free lunch

Wilsano

Run 'n' Gun!
Jul 26, 2017
Bristol
I encourage the use of setting up a Go-Fund me page. These are the very top competitors in the sport and as such, I would imagine they play a lot of events. Without knowing the in's and out's of their finances, I would imagine they make very little if not lose money, even including sponsor benefits.

By setting up a Go-Fund me page they are allowing their fans from all over the world to help them out, I don't see an issue with it - we would all do the same if we had a following.