Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

pros/cons of markers

Scars

Retired tattooed lout!
Evening all

this might be in the wrong section/might even be the most geekiest thread ive ever came up with so please feel free to tell me to get a life :)

Was having a few beers with a couple of guys i work with who have recently started playing.

Havin got onto the subject of "so whats so different between one marker and another" it got me thinking.... as one of the lads has recently bought an Ego8 and thinks he might have rushed his decision a little :)

I guess this could be a topic for discussion however in the long run might help some of our younger members decide on a marker.

Initially i thought of 3 focal points, guns that are a pleasure to shoot, handle and own.

Pleasure to shoot would be exactly that, taking into consideration trajectory, kick etc

Pleasure to handle would take into consideration weight, length, ease in hand

Pleasure to own would take into consideration, reliabilty, ease to obtain parts, maintenence, quality stock parts etc

i thought a rating out of 5 would be sufficient.. If you wish to post pics feel :)

ill start by putting 3 guns i have had alot of contact with

AKA Viking
Shoot ****
Handle ***
Own *****

SP Ion
Shoot ***
Handle ****
Own ***

Alias intimidator
Shoot ****
Handle *****
Own ***

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
Pmr with UL frame
shoot *** - not the most efficient, has a bit of kick, but for the price you cant knock it.
handle ***** - with ul frame - never had one without so cant pass comment
own **** - parts accessible, maintenance easy, dye have great support in the uk.

Shocker Sft
shoot **** - low kick, i love it
handle *** - not the lightest around, bit chunky but does me fine
own **** - easy maintenance - 4 because parts are becoming harder to get. but for the price they go for now - absolute steal.

That might be one to include - a price section - i.e. how much you get for your money. Its like a top trumps type of thing - the only trouble is this is fully based on opinion/sponsorship packages

MJ

IM AGG...my mom says
Oct 24, 2007
Tamworth
PMR
Shoot - ****
Handle - ****
Own - ****

This doesnt have the ul frame, very reliable not one problem in time i have owned it. easy to get parts, easy to maintain and great feel and fast shooting.

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
E2 Cocker
Shoot ****
Handle *****
Own **

Smart Parts Ion
Shoot ***
Handle ***
Own *****