Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Protection?

Ronnie Blue

Mar 27, 2017
Hi I'm just wondering what a common injury is while paintballing?

Is this due lack of mask protection?

Neck protection?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Edit - don't browse down to the photo if you're of a sensitive nature!!!!

Bruising is the main 'injury' - because we're shootings balls at each other
Severe welts are a result of being macho dicks
Other than the deliberate welts, bruising is eased by wearing loose clothing with varying levels of padding.
Necks can be protected with a scarf or padded neck protector (avoid too much around the neck as it will block airflow in the goggles)
Heads can be protected with a headband, headscarf, beanie, backwards baseball cap etc

Next I would put knees - the youth survives bumps and grazes easily, and may disregard knee (and elbow) pads it they aren't a particular diver. Years of play puts toll on your legs & knees
Elbows can suffer from student elbow/plumbers elbow giving a nasty infection. Wear something padded or an elbow pad

Once I've eaten I'll find a photo that was the spitting image of my elbow when it got infected a few years back
Warning - it's not pretty!

IMG_0035.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronnie Blue

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Protection for your nuts !!
They say a good mask with a thermal lens so you can see .
But when you get hit in the nuts you can't see or shoot or move !
So cover them plums
I'm no fan of extra nut protection, I find it uncomfortable
Wear good supportive underwear when active, and loose fitting trousers

For standard paintball (scenario, woodland etc) I play in loose/baggy trousers such as combats or 'training paintball pants'
For tournament paintball and paintball photography I wear proper 'paintball pants' which are very baggy, padded and have multiple crotch layers
For cqb I have my normal supportive underwear plus cricket shorts and a box
I started wearing a box for cqb after i took 3 distinctive hits spaced out along my dick. That hurt

Ronnie Blue

Mar 27, 2017
Protection for your nuts !!
They say a good mask with a thermal lens so you can see .
But when you get hit in the nuts you can't see or shoot or move !
So cover them plums
Hahaha, I'll bare that in mind, thanks a lot!

Ronnie Blue

Mar 27, 2017
Edit - don't browse down to the photo if you're of a sensitive nature!!!!

Bruising is the main 'injury' - because we're shootings balls at each other
Severe welts are a result of being macho dicks
Other than the deliberate welts, bruising is eased by wearing loose clothing with varying levels of padding.
Necks can be protected with a scarf or padded neck protector (avoid too much around the neck as it will block airflow in the goggles)
Heads can be protected with a headband, headscarf, beanie, backwards baseball cap etc

Next I would put knees - the youth survives bumps and grazes easily, and may disregard knee (and elbow) pads it they aren't a particular diver. Years of play puts toll on your legs & knees
Elbows can suffer from student elbow/plumbers elbow giving a nasty infection. Wear something padded or an elbow pad

Once I've eaten I'll find a photo that was the spitting image of my elbow when it got infected a few years back
Warning - it's not pretty!

View attachment 55298
Thanks a lot this was very helpful

maxxon

Feb 20, 2015
Espoo, Finland
Bruises, but I'm not really sure they should really count as injury.

Twisted ankles in woodsball, knees and elbows on turf. Don't do slides if you don't have pads!

Nearly all serious injuries are not related to being shot but rather to running around at speed. Very similar to what you could expect from football or orienteering.