Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Protein Bars...Training Supplements

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Anybody recommend ,there are a million different supplements and it seems to be quite hard to sort the hype from the real stuff..Im now trying to improve my diet for workout purposes but due to a bizzare work schedule I never know where im going to be so these things are ideal..

Anyone with real experience know ..no general links from googles top ten please, only if you know what you are on about or in 6 mnths time when im built like Buddha...I vill crush you.... :D

thanks

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
You see I was posting in the vain hope that some ballers in the UK actually pay attention to fitness regimes and gym training ...

"What is Best"

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women. "

...your post falls in the crushing category ,I'll be posting out that camo gear tomorrow, in 6 months I suggest you use it :D....

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Anybody recommend ,there are a million different supplements and it seems to be quite hard to sort the hype from the real stuff..Im now trying to improve my diet for workout purposes but due to a bizzare work schedule I never know where im going to be so these things are ideal..

Anyone with real experience know ..no general links from googles top ten please, only if you know what you are on about or in 6 mnths time when im built like Buddha...I vill crush you.... :D

thanks

Within reason, potein is protein .........it's just a matter of how much is in any given bar or supplement.
Don't fret about it too much, just eat the stuff but you gotta train as well otherwise it's all a waste of time.

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
My view on them is that they are for the most part a waste of time.

They taste disgusting while also being incredibly filling.

In general there is very little need to use any form of protein bar/shake/supplement, it is all a marketing strategy.

You do need protein to help your muscles grow but you would be better off with something like 1 or 2 fresh chicken breasts maybe with whatever your favourite type of sauce might be, i like them with a pasta style and maybe some pasta or rice with it. This will also be good for carbs to help keep your energy high.

This meal will give you enough protein, is cheaper and tastes VASTLY nicer.

Also remember that the key thing to remember when eating protein to help with workouts is your must eat it 60-30 mins BEFORE the workout.

You probably see lots of people at the gym taking protein shakes etc after workouts they are NOOBS. They do not understand that you must leave your body time to digest and move the proteins into the blood so when you muscles need it i.e. after workout it is there waiting to be used. Rather than having to wait for the food to digest before they will be able to use it.

Feel free to ask me if you have any further questions.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Its cool :) ive already got the Creatine and whey supplement stuff sorted ,its more to do with the fact that last week I ate crap all week (McDonalds twice for main meals amongst other things)..I couldnt physically finish my workout on Saturday and I've been managing it at least twice a week for the last two months (although it's moved more towards weights now with short cardio at the start and about 25 mins cardio at the end),hence the need for portable goodness..however i've actually found a recipe that looks good for these so I may get all Delia Smith about it ..It's all about not getting the oppertunity to prepare a good meal unfortunately.

Doing the workout is not an issue, im actually getting into it and its surprising how much better I feel all the time ,I get shorter hangovers for one ...

Cheere John I may pick your brains occasionally if thats OK ..

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
Feel free to ask.

What does or what are you using for your Creatine as? As very few people know how to take it properly.

I would also apply the same thoughts I originally mentioned for "Whey" generally a waste of money for a "clean" gym user. A nice meal will be just as good for you and taste much better.

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
Mikey I hate to contradict you BUT "ATP Creatine Serum" is a total waste of money, and I would never recommend anyone take this. It is purely marketing!

Pure Creatine (i.e. nothing except creatine in it) is the best and also best value stuff to use. As powder form.

As Robbo says Protein is far from the most important thing to worry about a good workout regime is much more important. Lots of people especially beginners get hung up on protein intake and I am sure many blame it on not making bigger gains in the gym. In reality it just takes time, there are no quick fixes.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
I haven't started yet but I was looking here for general noob advice about it and I believe it was Creatine (monohydrate) I ordered..

Please dont think I am looking for short-cuts here I do my workout and weightraining as regularly as possible (with required rest periods) I do however have an unregulated life so to speak so I want to supplement my meals ,its not a direct paintball physique im going for i want to body build in a small way as well if that makes sense..

I assume by clean you mean no 'roids' nah it's cool ,anger managment classes are expensive and I dont want my nob to shrink...