Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Protein Bars...Training Supplements

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
although maybe backtracking, if you can be arsed to post your veiws on the best approach to Creatine use I would be gratefull..

and 'just dont bother' is a non effectve answer... ;)

Ta

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
John, I think you know me well enough to realise I wouldn't get into anything like roids unless I had researched it.
I would also hope you realise I'm no dumbass and whilst I don't lay claim to being an expert in physiology or biology, I do have a strategy for acquiring relevant information on the subject..and I achieve it by proxy.
Of course I could sit and study for hours and then make a decision based upon my own conclusions but I haven't really got the time and so I adopt a policy of 'weighting' data.

If a gym rat tells me he believes this or that, I will not give his account as much credence as I would say, a PhD or graduate in biology.
I seek information that is in a sense, validated by virtue of its author being formally educated and as far as I can discern, no agendas outside that of wanting to do valid research.

In this way, I can be somewhat more convinced than some fat ass pseudo-intellectual from the gym...you get my point John?

The problem here is, as you have already touched upon, is the sheer scale of the subject area and with scopes such as these, there is a fair degree of disagreement.
I'm not saying you can't rely on any of the information but you do have to sift through accounts and ultimately make a call..and that is what i do.
I'm no expert, I just listen to them.
You have previously remarked on the problem regarding lack of data in assessing long term effects of roid abuse and whilst this is a valid concern, it is no more likely than the long term effects of taking some vitamins...just because no long term studies have been done doesn't automatically mean any such study will throw up contraindications..a possibility 'yes' but that is all..you get my drift mate?

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Thought I'd update as I'm a bit hungover and bored just now.

Definitely feeling the benefits , have gained muscle mass and my bench has gone up to low reps at 50kg just now ,bought a heavy bag and am learning training drills and combinations at the mo so I can use it for Cardio work ,hurt my wrists a bit at first but learned that lesson quickly, still swimming and hitting the gym ,less than before due to work but transformed my 'shed' into a home gym to make up for it ...as for supplements , I take creatine about an hour and a half before my workout and I currently take protein shakes just after ,multivitamins and cod liver oil everyday but i still eat junk and this is my main failing at the mo , i really need to sort out my diet...however I highly recommend hitting the weights bench it makes you feel a **** load better in so many ways although you do start to look at people differently (bench ability , build to weight ratio, or maybe i'm just weird )..

Fook ,i think i just did a blog or summat ....really need a life .

Hish008

UTSU Paintball Clown
May 2, 2007
M'bro
This thread has been an absolute hoot apart from 3 people who've talked any sense its as bad as the blind leading the blind.
Keep it up fellas enjoying the read

trakkerboy

Banned in 3 days..
Dec 20, 2006
preston
www.exlpaintball.co.uk
your probably best off using the protein shakes instead far more nutritional i.e more and better essential amino acids, I take 1 shake straight after work out and I work around 5-6 times a week.

best bet is to use why protein 'Reflex' voted one of the best :)

hope this helps :D

James