Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Proto paint - any good or complete arse?

ode

No it's NOT shiny enough.
Sep 2, 2004
Cheshire
Visit site
I'll save judgement until I've rattled a coupla thousand off tomorrow, seems like I might just have an ugly batch. It's how it shoots that matters.

Never seen dimples like it though.....

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
Originally posted by ode
I'll save judgement until I've rattled a coupla thousand off tomorrow, seems like I might just have an ugly batch. It's how it shoots that matters.

Never seen dimples like it though.....
keep it nice and warm tonight and turn all the boxes upside down, it will help even out the flats a little.

im guessing you got it at planet? i just opened up one of the 5 boxes i picked up yesterday (its been in my bed room overnight) and it looks perfect. a couple of flats but no more than 2 or 3 in a bag. i turned all the boxes upside down, just something ive always done! cant remember who told me to do it but always seems to work:)

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
How does turning to box upside down help remove dimples? Assuming the flat spot balls are visible from the top of the box wouldn't turning them upside down put extra pressure on them and therefor increase the flats?

Not saying your wrong or anything its just I don't understand why that would work, I can understand keeping them warm but not upside down.

Mushed

Nov 11, 2005
Visit site
Its a little thing called gravity how long have the balls been up one way? Ages, hence the flat spots on the bottom. By turning the box up the other you alter the end which is being exposed to the pressure, hence releaving pressure to the ballas at the once bottome end.

I guess

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
Yes but I am assuming that if you have found the spots then you must have turned the bags so they were visible, so therefore they are at the top and in the best position as much less if any is stacked above them

Smally85

Super5ives 2010 Champions
Ok then, so by using some common sense, if you find flat spots on the balls, store them with the flat spots up for a while and they will get better.

I think what Jahlad is saying is that whenever he has any paint for more than a day he stores it upside down as its most likely to have been stored the right way up beforehand, which makes it less likely to have flatspots.

Not difficult really is it? :rolleyes:

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
Originally posted by Smally85

I think what Jahlad is saying is that whenever he has any paint for more than a day he stores it upside down as its most likely to have been stored the right way up beforehand, which makes it less likely to have flatspots.

exactly :)

no idea where i picked the habit up but i have just always done it!
probably someone told me about it years ago or something

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
the way ive always understood it is that you turn the paint you have stored regularly .IE if i have a few cases stashed for a couple of weeks .. every couple of days i flip the cases onto a different side so the paint never sits on one side for too long .cant remember who told me to do that either but im pretty sure they were right