Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Proto Paintballs

DYE Europe

dyeprecision.com/europe
Dec 7, 2006
Croydon, Surrey
I thought i would post this up in here also from another thread, so everybody has the heads up on the score with our Proto Paintballs.

All the best,

Tommy

Hello guys :)

I'd like to clear up a few things, as it would appear that there are issues occuring that could be avoided.

Every box of Proto Paintballs sold to Stores and Fields from here are of a very high quality. Quick turnover times and our temperature controlled room keeps them as fresh as could be.
All paint is thoroughly QC'd at manufacturing and again when it arrives here in Croydon. We have staff here that have worked with major paintball manufactures. We use their experience and knowledge to make sure that the quality of the paint that leaves here is spot on and the tested fragility is as best suited for the intended recipients. We would never want to send a fragile batch to a field that uses them for walk-on days, or a really robust shelled paint for use on a hot tournament day.

Due to the varied types of consumers that have been enjoying the consistency and dart shooting abilities of Proto Paintballs over the past couple of years, we have been running with 2 forms of Proto Paintballs all year round. The aim of this it to hopefully try and cater best for everybody that wants to shoot it.
Yes S and W used to stand for Summer and Winter, for ease of use we kept these abbreviations so our customers could easily recognise the 2.
On the bar code stickers, the S batches are generally more fragile and best suited for tournaments and lower pressure markers.
The W batches come out with a more robust shell that is more suited for colder, rainy or variable weather. Or for days when a variety of guns are being shot.
Both styles are made in the same way, with the same Orange/Orange combination, ingredients and formulas. The difference is in how long the Paintballs are tumbled for. A longer spin creates a more resilient shell as seen in our W batch Proto Paint.

Of course, as with any paint, storage throughout its life of inception to the barrel will always affect how bouncy or fragile it becomes. Even leaving paint in pods, or in direct sunlight for 20 minutes can result in really bouncy balls, so treating any brand of paintballs with respect is a must if you want to get the most out of them. There have been many times where my team has run the AC in a car and kept our paint and potted paint chilled throughout an event..

Over this past couple of weeks, we have sold out of our S batch, due to the uncharacteristically hot weekends we have been enjoying.
I believe the last S batch we sold from here had the wrong labelling, and they were then altered at our plant (technical term for the letter W being scribbled out :) )

As always, more Paintballs are due in shortly and will hopefully be going out to your favoured stores or fields when they do. If not, ask about it :)

Sorry for the length of this post. I don’t mean to come across as pushy with all of this. I wanted to take the time to make sure you all had the heads up, as mis-information with paintballs can lead to some very marred experiences.

As I don’t always use this account, I will aim to check back on this thread shortly if you have any more questions or queries in regards to our Paintballs.

Best regards,

Tommy Pemberton