Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Proto PMR air leak

Jamesp240

May 22, 2013
bought a pmr the other day, had a little air in the bottle. put a few balls through it to give it a go and it was fine. I took the bolt out to have a look, put it back together and it was ok for a bit then started leaking air. the O rings looked fine and i put some grease on them but havnt had a chance to air it up since. now i had a suspicion that it might have been down to the lack of pressure going through it is this possible?

cono111

Jun 27, 2012
i would suggest get your tank filled up and try again like you said maybe not enough air for the gun to properly seal up just my thought worth a try anyway

ChairChimp

It's a chimp and a chair!
Nov 5, 2002
Sheffield
replace all o-rings in offending area do not lube bottle o-rings! also listen very carefully to leaks

~No offence meant - but you seem to be speed posting your way to the level required for classifieds access.

I may be wrong - In which case please accept my apologies.

If I am wrong - I'd advise you to check the date of posts you are replying to this is a n-n-n-n-necro from over 2 years ago.

If I'm not wrong - I believe there is a time restriction on access to classifieds in addition to the post count.

Mods to clarify - either way - welcome to the boards!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
replace all o-rings in offending area do not lube bottle o-rings! also listen very carefully to leaks
With regard to the advice to not lube bottle o-rings, a clarification:

The danger of lubricants with bottles is at the high pressure area, (the contents of the cylinder which could be at 3000psi or 4500psi). There is a real risk of a flash fill explosion under certain circumstances
Never bring oil or lubes to the fill nipple
The o-ring concerned at this moment is within the fill nipple, if necessary replace the nipple o-ring but it's cheap and easy enough to replace the fill nipple assembly

For the majority of people the regulator should not be disassembled, some can be user maintained (in accordance with manufacturer directions) such as adjusting high/low/mid pressure - all of which are 850psi and below

The bottle o-ring outside on the top of the threads can be lubricated if you want, it's at the lower side of the regulator thus not at extreme 'flash' pressures. It aids the seal of the Asa threads. If it is old and battered it can be lightly lubed - but it should be considered a cheap disposable item and replaced if it has become bad

With regard to speed posting, you have the pattern of new members seeking access to classifieds
As chair chimp has noted, new members are both restricted by the 20 post rule and a time delay (I think 2 weeks)
If you do want classifieds access then look at the rules guidance in the classifieds area. You can gain instant access if needed buy upgrading to platinum membership, otherwise take your time and avoid coming to the attention of moderators as they could impose additional restrictions on new members pushing the boundary

infiniti11

the be the murdock you must drink anti freeze
Dec 9, 2015
middle earth
watertown.duckdns.org
With regard to the advice to not lube bottle o-rings, a clarification:

The danger of lubricants with bottles is at the high pressure area, (the contents of the cylinder which could be at 3000psi or 4500psi). There is a real risk of a flash fill explosion under certain circumstances
Never bring oil or lubes to the fill nipple
The o-ring concerned at this moment is within the fill nipple, if necessary replace the nipple o-ring but it's cheap and easy enough to replace the fill nipple assembly

For the majority of people the regulator should not be disassembled, some can be user maintained (in accordance with manufacturer directions) such as adjusting high/low/mid pressure - all of which are 850psi and below

The bottle o-ring outside on the top of the threads can be lubricated if you want, it's at the lower side of the regulator thus not at extreme 'flash' pressures. It aids the seal of the Asa threads. If it is old and battered it can be lightly lubed - but it should be considered a cheap disposable item and replaced if it has become bad

With regard to speed posting, you have the pattern of new members seeking access to classifieds
As chair chimp has noted, new members are both restricted by the 20 post rule and a time delay (I think 2 weeks)
If you do want classifieds access then look at the rules guidance in the classifieds area. You can gain instant access if needed buy upgrading to platinum membership, otherwise take your time and avoid coming to the attention of moderators as they could impose additional restrictions on new members pushing the boundary
that one is on you then i have never done it and will never do it some people drop oil on top of there regs to pump it round the gun i highly object to that aswell personal preference i guess. then it tends to put old metal filings round the marker from the asa where people do not screw them on properly and lube pushes it up nicely especially slick lubes because people almost never put a bottle on 100% straight or catch threads first time can also put lube into reg filters depending on marker / reg and even solenoids but hey for that little bit of lube its worth it

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
that one is on you then i have never done it and will never do it
some people drop oil on top of there regs to pump it round the gun i highly object to that aswell personal preference i guess.
then it tends to put old metal filings round the marker from the asa where people do not screw them on properly and lube pushes it up nicely especially slick lubes because people almost never put a bottle on 100% straight or catch threads first time can also put lube into reg filters depending on marker / reg and even solenoids but hey for that little bit of lube its worth it
That differs from lubricating the bottle o-ring,

It's in the instructions & maintenance guide of some guns to put a couple of drops in the Asa and shoot it through - particularly when co2 was common, and for mechanicals such as the tippmann 98, where you would not have a solenoid and probably not a gun regulator

The manual is most important, doing this without it being in the manual means you are doing the wrong thing, and will ultimately clog up a solenoid with lube. Over lubricating will have the same effect