Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Proto rail 2010 - not firing/cycling

lulemurfan

Mar 7, 2016
Glasgow
Hi, hoping to find some help with my rail?

Worked once then haven't got it to work since. The main problem is that it's not cycling fully or not firing.

Things I've tried:-
Cleaned the bolt and removed old lube
Lubed up the bolt
Turned up/down the regulator

None of the o-rings look damaged or out of place. I am getting alot of air from the around the hand grips. Just not sure what else to try or do?

Any advice would be great? Are there any dye techs at the cpps rounds or elsewhere in the UK?
Cheers

maxxon

Feb 20, 2015
Espoo, Finland
I think the root of the problem is the leak.

Sounds like there's a problem with solenoid seals. You can try taking the noid off and lubing the gasket.

Does it leak immediately after gassing up, or only after firing? If immediately, you can take the frame off and gas it up to better locate the leak.

lulemurfan

Mar 7, 2016
Glasgow
Maxxon answer helped a lot. Seems a small leak when the reg pressure is turned up (be interesting to see if I can get the speed needed next time I'm near a chrono).

Airing it up when I can access the solenoid the leak comes from the tubing and when taping the tubing the the amount of air varies. I have checked the orings on the screws and they seem fine. So hoping that I don't need to turn up the reg and it will be fine.

New batteries make no difference, although I have found somewhere that I should remove the battery after the day using it - is this true for the rail?

Thanks again! :)

maxxon

Feb 20, 2015
Espoo, Finland
New batteries make no difference, although I have found somewhere that I should remove the battery after the day using it - is this true for the rail?
All my old Dye markers drain batteries "on the shelf", though the same is true for most markers of that vintage.

If you don't play regularly (like every week), I would remove the battery for storage. And always have a spare with you anyway.

rkohal

Jun 2, 2016
Tallinn, Estonia
Can confirm the battery drain problem. Teammate uses a Rail from 2010/11 and had constantly an empty battery before he started popping it out after usage.