Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Proto rail fires then starts to fail

Jamesp240

May 22, 2013
Hi guys got a proto rail recently it had barely been used but i changed all the O rings because the chrono was all over the place, now its started to do this thing where it fires then starts to lose power where the bolt will move but not with enough force or the sound that goes with it, any ideas why it could be doing this? is it worth playing with the dwell settings to try sort this? Also as far as lubrication goes im using some greese i got with it or is it best to get the dye lube?

Thanks in advance

Player01

Feb 21, 2012
Hi James, I have known a few people with this problem aswell, a few shots work just fine but then the rest just trickle out of the end of the barrel. I am not sure exactly what causes the problem but personally i wouldnt do anything with the dwell could cause more problems. These will sound silly but make sure you have a new good quality battery in the gun and check that the gun airs up ok, so that the bottle is screwed all the way in. Perhaps checking the velocity aswell may help.

Apologies that these are silly suggestions but I have known of similiar problems but never got to the bottom of them myself.

MitchellFeaver

Work hard. Play hard. Shoot faster.
Jul 1, 2013
I reset my board to factory setting and suddenly mine worked fine... try that

homemade

May 30, 2011
Hi James i had a rail that did that too but mine just needed a new battrey and it worked great . Rails eat battries so you may need a new one everytime you play buddy .

Reactions: frenchy2475