Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Proto Rail Issues

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Used my Proto Rail for the first time this weekend and had issues where the marker refused to fire the balls. The air would go into the marker but wouldnt operate the bolt. Then after a while it would spit out a load of balls and operate fine. I know this would usually point towards a flat battery but the battery had been changed to a fully charged, good quality battery. Any ideas what would cause this problem...

DYE Euro Tech

DYE Tech
Mar 15, 2010
Ollie,

If you'd like to send it in to us for a service cause it sounds like a capacitor issue in all honesty. Email me on eurotech@dyeprecision.com, I'm away from my desk tomorrow and Mon but shall be back in action on Tues. If you play with it this weekend, let me know what happens if that's cool? Other than that I'd say change the inner can & inner boost tube o-rings & ensure the bolt is lubed to the max. Double check what your dwell setting is too (as odd as that may sound) and just make sure it's at 40.
There would be no service charge or anything as the marker is still within its warranty. Please don't send it in without emailing me first and letting me reply please as I would need to issue you an RA number if you did wish to send it in for a tune up ;)

Many thanks & kind regards,
Nik

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Hi Nik

Ill be using the marker this weekend so if theres anymore issues ill defo be returning it to you. Thanks for the heads up though. By any chance would further use perhaps resolve the issue because i know the regulator does have a break in period. My friend has exactly the same marker, bought at the same time and he didnt have any issues at all. Will email you on tuesday if there anymore issues.

Ollie