Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

proto rail or save for ego/geo

shortland

Jul 31, 2013
it depends if your a patient person or not but id say proto rail cus youd need to save a little longer for the ego

polar bears

Carlisle Paintball
Sep 2, 2013
Carlisle, UK
Hold out for something like and Ego or a Geo, I had a Proto Rail as my starter gun then upgraded my tank and hopper, and after that I wanted to swap it out so I upgraded. It is a good marker for a beginner, but if you can use a rental or site marker for now it's worth waiting.

Promo86

Lord of the Mint Kitkat Chunky's
Jul 12, 2013
London
Personally i would save mate, there's no point wasting money that could be put towards a better marker.

Rufkneck

Aug 28, 2013
can pick up an ego 8 onwards for the price of a new rail, and being an ego its still a great marker used .

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Oh dear god save up up for a planet gun. I had a Rail as my first marker and it was a little bag of horrors, broke with inexcusable regularity and I had to spend an inordinate amount upgrading it to play with the big boys. A new Rail gores for £200 I think....for that money you're looking at Invert Minis (easy maintainence, lots of common knowledge, supported by Kee Action Sports who have brilliant customer service) Ego 7/8 (Planet guns are solid....second hand they will easily keep up with anything coming out now. I see Ego 8s all the time at tournaments) and DM6/7s. With maybe £50 - £60 more you could be looking at Ego 9s/Geo 1s/DM8s/Axes etc etc. The Rail is a waste of time, money and patience.

Tippertapp

Oct 20, 2013
There is a nice 3rd gen mini going in the classified section!
Used to shoot a gen1, i was lucky and got a decent one, shoot really nice and assuming you are shorter than 6' they are a good size

Guillem

Jul 5, 2013
Just save for a ego/geo, with one of that markers you'll be able to shoot thousands of paintballs

bazza

Aug 12, 2011
Great yarmouth
proto reflex rail is a solid marker i bought one when i first got into sup air and still have it as a back up, everytime it comes out it never lets me down.