Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Proto Rail Tournament Modes.....Explanation please.

Blue Beanie

I <3 Summer!!!!!
Dec 27, 2009
Devon
Ive no intention of taking the piss, just curious as to what the reaction would be
BAD!!!!
a guy was using psp at the mega arena at NvS and got booed of the field and took loads of insults. Also have seen people using hot or high BPS guns get badly over shot and multiple bunkered. Also at a tournie you may be kicked of site or have your team disqualified.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
no point trying, those extra 2bps make adifference on paint consumption but not on accuracy or amount of players you shoot out so it is kinda stupid to bother using it at all. And if you risk it things may go bad for you and as Gee Tee said, it is very easy to hear the rof difference between guns.
2 bps makes no difference? Obviously not to accuracy, as that is a function of how well your paint is matched to your barrel, the paint quality and hoe steady your hold on the gun is and your ability to aim straight/compensate for variables is in the first place. Surely 20% more paint in the air makes a difference to a players ability to pass through a lane?

If you are playing tournaments in the UK/Europe/Asia then you will most likely need to conform to the Millennium rules on fire mode as defined on their website:

Millennium Series ROF cap in 2009:
In a move to come closer to a world wide standard of rules and procedures and as discussed at the CPL/SPL team owners meeting in Amsterdam, the MS will adopt the same ROF cap (10bps) as used in the PSP. The rules will be updated shortly by following wording of rule ''10.01 Markers''
- The first 3 shots must be semi-auto mode only.
- Markers will be limited to a ROF of 10 balls per second (in 2009 actually 10.5 bps), defined as no two consecutive shots may be timed shorter than 95ms apart (reading on ROF meter of 10.5 bps or less = legal; reading on ROF meter of 10.6 bps or higher = illegal).
- Ramping of shots will be allowed only once 5 bps has been achieved. Then the marker may ramp to 10 bps, but only as long as the 5 bps is continually maintained. Once the trigger is stopped to be activated, only one single additional shot may be discharged.
Clarification: the 5 bps for start/sustain ramping dose not need to be hit physically, it refers to the time delay between trigger activations, which must be at least the equivalent to 5 bps. So a marker may start to ramp up to 10 bps, if (after the first three shots being in semi-auto only) the time delay between 3rd and 4th trigger activation is less than 200ms.
Ignore the bit about "as used in the PSP" they did have a cap of 10 bps for a short while until PSP raised it to 12 bps across the board. If you really want to read the PSP rules go to: http://pspevents.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/PSP2012RulesGeneral_6_mar_2012.pdf Marker rules start on page 21.

If you are playing on woodland sites or scenario events the rules may be different, you may only be allowed to shoot in Semi-automatic, i.e. one pull of the trigger = one shot and be subject to a rate of fire (ROF) cap, check before you play so that you can set your gun up properly in advance.

HTH

Blue Beanie

I <3 Summer!!!!!
Dec 27, 2009
Devon
2 bps makes no difference? Obviously not to accuracy, as that is a function of how well your paint is matched to your barrel, the paint quality and hoe steady your hold on the gun is and your ability to aim straight/compensate for variables is in the first place. Surely 20% more paint in the air makes a difference to a players ability to pass through a lane?
I made sure to not post anything which may make shoooting a faster bps seem good, obviously holding better lanes is a good thing.

Reactions: neil stringer