Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Proto SLG LEAK!

jakewells

Got Milk??
May 22, 2007
Hi Everyone,

Just got a brand new Proto SLG Ultralight from Just Paintball today..

I love the feel of the gun, problem is, since I first got it, there has been air leaking out the front!

I read on here that other people have had the same problem and that you could normally solve it by taking the bolt out and re-lubing it. After doing this its still leaking! Tried a few different types of lube just incase and still it leaks away!

Going to take it back to Just Paintball tomorrow if I can't get it solved but as its nearly 50 miles away to the closest one i'd appreciate it if anyone had any ideas of how to solve this tonight!

Cheers,
Jake.

jakewells

Got Milk??
May 22, 2007
Would that be possible even though its brand new? Pretty crap manufacturing standards by Dye if you ask me.

I'll give it a try though, thanks for the response Sid.

3L1TE hax

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2009
if it has been on the shelf for a while then it is not neccasserily dye's/proto's fault

jakewells

Got Milk??
May 22, 2007
Ahhhh! Thought I had sorted it by changing 4 of the o-rings.. Put the gun back together and no leak thankfully, then after firing about 10 shots, the leak returned!!

Any ideas?!

jakewells

Got Milk??
May 22, 2007
HELP! Its leaking again! Fired about 10 shots after changing the o-rings and it leaks just as bad as before! :(

Hi Jake,

Sorry to hear it has been leaking for you.

Have you checked out the manual? There is a leak guide/troubleshooting guide in the back. If you can identify exactly where it is leaking from it makes it much easier to diagnose what you need to do to fix it, or which o-ring could be causing it.

It may be something to do with the reg pressure if it is still leaking after changing o-rings.
Did you air it up right out of the box or have some settings been changed?

I have asked Ash Chaplen to check out this thread when he gets a moment. He is the Master tech at DYE Europe and i'm sure he'll be able to help you further.

Regards,

Tommy

Ash - GI Sportz

GI Sportz
Jun 14, 2006
GI Towers
Jake

If there is air escaping through the face of the bolt then you need to replace the plunger o-ring. Its an 014 BN90 o-ring from your spares kit.

Its easy to check if this is the case, with the marker turned OFF, put your finger down through the feed-neck and place the tip of your finger over the hole in the bolt face so that it completely covers it. If you feel pressure building up under your finger, then it is the plunger o-ring you need to replace. If not, then double check elsewhere.

If you require any extra o-rings, or you are unable to fix the leak, please contact me via e-mail: eurotech@dyeprecision.com

Thanks

Ash Chaplen
DYE Europe

jakewells

Got Milk??
May 22, 2007
Cheers for your fast responses fellas! I've tried replacing both #14 o-rings and #16.

I'll do that check when I get back from work in about an hour or so and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again!

BDN

May 24, 2008
NW England
Had exactly the same problem on my 08 SLG. Despite replacing the front & middle 0-rings on the bolt, it still leaked. I followed Ash's advice to replace the plunger 0-ring and now, no leaks.

Thanks Ash.