Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

proto SLG ultralight not working!?!?!?

Tomtheman2

Jul 12, 2009
www.graphic-spark.co.uk
Hi, I bought a SLG a few months ago, it was in full working order. Then the inside silver thing got stuck and wedged into the bit where the paint loads. I have taken it apart and its back in its normal place but when I connect my 4000psi bottle it and turn it on it does not fire at all!

If anyone followed the above please help me.

Cheers,

bremner1688

Platinum Member
Jul 13, 2009
Glastonbury
The silver thing you are describing i guess is the bolt, you either had the wrong operating pressure/velocity and blew the bolt out or you used too much or too little lube, as a result of over pressurising the gun it could have blown the solenoid aswell, if the gun is a few months old i suggest sending it back.

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
Send it to a shop mate, no offence but if you dont know what your doing either send it to be fixed or sit down with the manual and read it through 5 or 6 times. Dont just go lubing things up willy nilly.

Ill have a stab at fixing this though...

Turn your gun on and turn the eyes off does the solanoid click?
-If yes were starting well...before we go further change the battery
-If no change the battery

Have we changed the battery yet?
-If yes we'll continue
-If no go back to step 1

How much pressure is in your bottle?
-If 0 get it filled
-If above 800psi lets continue

-So air bottle on gun, air on, gun on, turn eyes off does it fire?
-Yes were ok and you just needed to turn eyes off or change the battery
-No then let me know and ill give you the next step in our tutorial

Tomtheman2

Jul 12, 2009
www.graphic-spark.co.uk
Hi, the gun is on the bottle has 1500 psi in it, are the eyes the light on the left Hand side where the grip is or the LEDs below the hopper? I don't know how to turn the gas on but I have used it before and it worked fine but when I put my new bottle on it it stopped working!? When I turn it on it clicks when you press the trigger, I have just replaced the batterys as well. Cheers Mick if it doesn't get fixed I'll bring it down.

Also the handle that the air goes into rattles badly which I don't think it did before.

Cheers guys

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
So it worked with a different bottle...

Right this is a pain but the pin in the asa is adjustable and it sounds as if on your new bottle it isnt depressing the bottle pin.

To test this theory remove the macroline from the elbow on the reg and then stick your bottle on the gun. If the air comes through its not that. If it doesnt you need to adjust the pin in the asa.

Tomtheman2

Jul 12, 2009
www.graphic-spark.co.uk
So it worked with a different bottle...

Right this is a pain but the pin in the asa is adjustable and it sounds as if on your new bottle it isnt depressing the bottle pin.

To test this theory remove the macroline from the elbow on the reg and then stick your bottle on the gun. If the air comes through its not that. If it doesnt you need to adjust the pin in the asa.
Ok thanks for the great info, I will try this out tomorrow. When I screw the bottle onto the gun it lets out a small hiss as if the button on the end of the bottle has been pressed.

Thanks again,

Tomtheman2

Jul 12, 2009
www.graphic-spark.co.uk
Right, I tested the air thing you said and air comes shooting out so thats all fine, I also replaced the battery again. I have a feeling that the handle/grip where the air goes into, when shaken makes a loud rattling sound which I do not think it made before. I can't open that bit up as it is sealed. Do you think this has anything to do with it?

Thanks for the help but I am lost for ideas now.

Cheers,