Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Proud to be an American

Dudes, what's wrong with a nice macrobiotic tofu burger? Maybe some Basmati rice with cumin and organic lentils...pure, holistic, environmentally friendly karmasoul food?

Sorry Bobby, but the amount of red meat rotting in your stomack scares me buddy...

Having said that, Onion's recipe sounds gooooooooooood.

Peace

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Basmati rice isn't too bad...organic lentils? I like lentils quite a lot, but whenever you pay that xtra ridiculous amount for something organic or (even worse) from an organic/herbalist food store you are getting SERIOUSLY ripped off AND made a fool. It's no wonder a lot of the new age-ish types don't get haircuts and wear the kind of clothes they do: if I paid the kind of money they do for all natural, organic exotic herb and root enhanced stuff, I couldn't afford jack $hit for fashion or worthwhile hobbies either!

Why do I say this? I went into an herbalist store one day two weeks ago to get some seaweed to roll sushi in, not knowing what to expect. As soon as I walk into the door of this natural foods store I hear weird recorded hari krishna chants and wonder if the FBI will have me listed just for walking into this place. The clientele I observe: (1) a homely looking spaced out woman in her 30's with a pony tail down to her butt, (2) a really fine looking jogger type chick that probably bathes herself in 20 different lotions before and after getting out of the shower that probably had a dad that could literally pave the city streets with gold and a boyfriend that made $10 million in stocks before age 20, (3) a slightly over 50 grey haired guy that looks like the human incarnation of a moonshine and hash hangover that woke up one morning and saw a Willie Nelson album cover photo and decided that look just might suit him, (4) and a 16-19 girl that looked likely to have just changed her name to Orchid after having been thrown out of her parents' house for them uncovering her stash of weed (so strong it could knock out a herd of elephants) for the tenth time. Anyway, I walk down the aisles and see roots, bulbs, stems, leaves, seeds, dried flowers, parts of flowers, parts of parts of flowers, etc. presented for every possible form of consumption imaginable: teas, sauces, seasonings, candied, pickled, stewed, canned, encapsulated...for nearly every aspect of nutritional enhancement and/or curing of dozens of ailments. "Interesting," I thought "one could pick up anything for anything here, eat well, and live healthy." Then a look at the price tags: $15 for a variety of tea, $5 for a tiny package of an obscure variety of dried mushroom, $7 for a bag of exotic rice similar in size to those costing $1.10 at a grocery store, and my item, a 40 pack of toasted seaweed sushi roll wrappers, for $20, upon declining to pay that much I find a similar pack at a local asian market for $4. And to top that off, a rack at the end of the aisle loaded with all forms of herbal nutrition advice and legal/political propaganda written by people you wouldn't want your son or daughter to even know to exist, let alone get within 1000 feet of.

Healthy cooking and living, reading exotic philosophy (when taken with a grain of salt and in small doses), and occasionally taking up a different outlook can be great for you mentally and physically, but like drinking or kinky sex you can go too far and really get into stuff you don't want to experience or other people to know about.

TheRo0sTer

VW's are the game
I learned the lesson about Healthy and Costly back in 1998'! I was like damn I am big ol' Fat @$$. Started Running, Riding and went to a nutritionist who said eat healthier and what not. Started to look into health food choices... F@#$ that **** is expensive! The Normal food bills were like $200-$300 for 2 weeks and ended up at like $200-$300 for 1 week! I tell you it cost you out the yang to eat healty. I wasn't even buying organic just fat free and reduced calorie!

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
You don't have to buy things that say reduced fat or light or low calorie as the name of it! Just actually use some common sense when you eat and you won't have the problem! For example, don't go heavy on the sausages, gravy, extra greasy cheese, etc. Learn to use substitutes. Cook with olive oil and use vinegrettes on salads and such instead of eggy and fatty stuff. Take the skin off chicken and trim fat from meats that you get before you cook them. Steam, grill, and sautee stuff instead of frying. Use lots of spices instead of slopping on fat adding things like cheese and butter and egg. Don't just buy everything that says low fat--that is a marketing ploy that often not only screws you out of money but out of flavor too. "Fat Free" and "Diet" and "Lite" are marketing terms that translate as: "made for housewives that will pay twice as much and are ugly no matter what they do but get some kind of satisfaction by eating and drinking what is labeled as healty, the nastier tasting the better, in some vain pursuit of looking young and healthy by losing 20 pounds that they wouldn't have to lose if they lived an active, life in the first place and didn't rely on 10 pounds of makeup for their self esteem."