Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PS3 COD4 : Sixaxias or FragFX?

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Guys..

Maybe cos I'm not as good as people who seem to spend 24/7 playing COD4, but I seem to be not doing as good as others when online.

Now I've played a lot of Halo and Unreal Tournament on the PC, and seem to think that a mouse based aiming system seems superior than the standard analogue controls.

Has anyone used the FragFX controllers for COD4 and could they give me a verdict on playability?

I'm on the verge of spending money on one and wanto to make sure it's money well spent.

Opinions please guys?

ionpride

No No No Notorious!
May 24, 2006
Reading
Na there are some videos on youtube of it.

I wuldnt mind gettin frag fx seems so much better with turning and shooting.

I iz DoritoSide if you wana add me like.

Jack.

RainbowShooter

Drop the gun, fat boy.
Oct 12, 2006
St Albans, Hertfordshire
Haven't got the FragFX but I've got both versions (pc/ps3) and play a fair amount of games on both.

I honestly prefer the PS3 controller unless I'm sniping, it depends what you do best. Personally I'd wait for the Dual shock 3 & update.

I also find that my playing ability is effected alot by the weapons and combos I'm using. I will always play worse with a weapon that I'm getting the kills for challenges than a weapon of choice such as my G36/MP5.

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
I know what to do... my tactics are getting better... but a lot of players get the drop on me.... I can't aim as accurately with the PS3 controller despite being a PS2 and a PS1 owner previously. I think give me a PC mouse any day.

I remember in Unreal tournament I used to be able to get frags whilst jumping from ledges whilst firing at moving targets. Moves like this are happening against me in COD4 and I just havent got the accuracy using the right analog stick to aim and to pull these moves off.

Fragfx must be the way forward!

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
if you can get some kind of mouse for a ps3 then i'd definately go for it. ive had cod4 on pc since 2 days before it was released and played cod4 on ps3 over xmas on a mates but whilst on PC i kick ass on the ps3 i couldnt hit toffee. mouse is the daddy

RainbowShooter

Drop the gun, fat boy.
Oct 12, 2006
St Albans, Hertfordshire
I know what to do... my tactics are getting better... but a lot of players get the drop on me.... I can't aim as accurately with the PS3 controller despite being a PS2 and a PS1 owner previously. I think give me a PC mouse any day.

I remember in Unreal tournament I used to be able to get frags whilst jumping from ledges whilst firing at moving targets. Moves like this are happening against me in COD4 and I just havent got the accuracy using the right analog stick to aim and to pull these moves off.

Fragfx must be the way forward!
What is your playing style mate?

RJKensai

God does not play dice.
May 21, 2007
In da House.
www.rehum.scotton.info
I have always found PC games a lot more easier than PS2/3 because of being able to use the mouse, a lot more easier :)

But I have now adjusted it so I can play PC games (like Americas Army) and PS3 games just as well as each other, though it can take a little time.

If you can get a mouse for the PS3 go for it, great idea :)

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
I keep taking dodgy kills. Like a shot to the leg drops me, yet I struggle to drop people with a full clip. Frustrating as hell.