Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PSP Changes - what's occurring?

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
PSP's website already has Pro/Am posted and they've rearranged the prize money so that Div 1 X-Ball now gets the cash prizes instead of Pro 10-man.
Last I'd heard 10-man games were down to 12 minutes but why not? The less you get in one format the more likely you are play a different one. right? Or maybe play a different series altogether. :eek:
Edit added--Yep, it's down to 10 minute games for 10-man.

Helpful Hint for PSP--If you're intent on committing suicide go for the lengthways cuts instead of those wimpy crossways cuts.

R

raehl

Well..

Not everyone thinks 10 minute games are a bad thing. Encourage people to win decisively.

X Ball now has 2 divisions of 16 teams each - but still charges pro teams $2350 entry even though they supposedly play in the same division as am teams paying $1750, which seems strange.

- Chris

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
Originally posted by TJ Lambini
Dynasty and Dogs now 'have' to play X-Ball?
That's the way it looks - the "real" pros have to play Xball, while the "other" pros get downsized to the new Pro/Am 10 man division. I wonder what happens if another established pro team, say Avalanche or Ton Tons, decide to play PSP? I wonder if they'll be Pro/Am or Xball Div 1.....:confused:

10 minute games? Yeah, I'll bet that makes the paint suppliers happy. Games are a full one-third shorter than in the past (10 min, instead of 15 min), which means teams will probably be shooting less paint. Less paint to sell for the paint companies = :( :mad: :eek:

Rocky Knuth

Naughty Dog
Feb 27, 2003
US
www.naughtydogs.us
Tj,

Its true!! I talked with some folks at the PSP.
They really didnt give me a black and white rule that says Dogs and Dynasty cant play 10 man Pro/AM. They just said WE CANT!!!
But the Bushwackers, Lockout, Legacy and some of the new pro teams can play the new pro/am div.

Roc

R

raehl

Why would the paint manufacturers care if the games are 1/3rd shorter? That's not 1/3rd less paint to sell, that's 1/3rd less paint to give away.

As for the whole X Ball thing, I think having that rule is silly. They should just put all the cash in X Ball if they want people to play it and if people still want to play 10-man more power to them.

On the Am team front, I could really care less. "Waaaah, I can't win by playing in a division I don't belong in!" Take the prizes away from Rook and Nov, stick them all in ProAm, and let the best teams have the prizes. End of story.

Or lets just create 80 separate divisions and give everyone who enters a certificate or two for "winning".

- Chris