Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PSP Dallas Open, 14-16 March 2014 - webcast, scores, chat......

Thorpe

Lucky 15s
Mar 13, 2010
Only reason I didn't pay the $15 for the weekend was I didn't get much of a chance to watch any of it live, working late Friday and out all day Saturday. But ended up paying the $10 for the Sunday feed and definitely think it was worth it. The coverage and quality they provide really is excellent and its a wonder we've had it free for so long. If I knew I was able to watch the majority of the feed live over the 3 days I would definitely fork out the $15.

Jan 31, 2005
unknown//dover
Visit site
we all like things for free and agree with the post above regarding we have had it free for a long time.
$15= something like £10 i would pay to watch this.
trust me this costs a hell of a lot of money to run the webcast

Reactions: frobinson

Thorpe

Lucky 15s
Mar 13, 2010
The way I see it is if I'm not paying to play paintball, I can pay to watch it for 1 weekend every 2 months. Paying the price of less than half a box of paint is worth it in my eyes for 16+ hours of entertainment. Get your mates round and split the cost! Costs me more than that in fuel just to get to paintball nevermind playing. I can't believe the wall of anger that went up against PBA over the weekend.

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
The way I see it is if I'm not paying to play paintball, I can pay to watch it for 1 weekend every 2 months. Paying the price of less than half a box of paint is worth it in my eyes for 16+ hours of entertainment. Get your mates round and split the cost! Costs me more than that in fuel just to get to paintball nevermind playing. I can't believe the wall of anger that went up against PBA over the weekend.
I absolutely agree in principle and I was more than happy to pay for the webcast. As I see it, it's a service and more than that, it's something I enjoy, so I'm happy to pay. My only objection which I think reflects a lot of the anger from the keyboard warriors across facebook, youtube and the likes, was the lack of notice. If they really saw it as such an essential step forward, and like I say I really don't disagree with them, then PBA had no reason to announce it the day before and for Matty to almost sound embarrassed when talking about it in the Breakdown.

Then again, it is a small amount to pay and it could just be the populous looking for a scapegoat for their rage, so who knows the real reason people were so up in arms about it. Regardless, it was good, it was worth the £9-whatever it cost and I will be paying for the feed again :)

Thorpe

Lucky 15s
Mar 13, 2010
My only objection which I think reflects a lot of the anger from the keyboard warriors across facebook, youtube and the likes, was the lack of notice.
I forgot about that and it's a valid point.

But I too have seen so many posts of people complaining they can't afford (not "choose not to pay", but "cannot afford") the cost of the webcast. How people "cannot afford" $10/$15 to watch what is arguably the pinnacle of the sport both in players and webcast (although the Mills/DPL webcast is excellent also) but can afford to play paintball at any regular interval is absolutely beyond me. These posts were almost entirely on American forums/facebook pages.

Reactions: frobinson

blakey64

Jun 2, 2012
What do you think is reasonable?

1 pound?
50 pence?

Put a figure on it, if 3 pounds per day is too much....
Missy-Q

I was happy to pay the 15 dollars or £9 whatever it was, my point is in order to attract a wider audience perhaps a lower charge would have attracted a larger paying audience.

I think the coverage and commentary was excellent, all credit to paintball access.

Having read through the posts had not realised the 15 dollars was for the weekend pass, although mine did not work Sunday.

Completely agree that for £3 a day is a bargain.....

Last edited: