Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PSP Press Release

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Keeley sent me the press release below and asked me to plaster it across our site to give you guys a heads up...who am I to turn her down ???

I wanted to pass on this brief release in response to the growing speculations stemming from the Pacific Paintball bankruptcy announcement last week.
Over the past two months, PSP had been in discussions with Pacific Paintball in an attempt to work together to ease expenses for players, teams, and the industry moving into the 2009 Season. The closing of Pacific Paintball last week came as a surprise for us as well. It is a regrettable situation that a group of uniquely talented people were not able to sustain a viable business in our industry. However, PSP will continue to move forward in our efforts to maintain a competitive national tournament scene for the players, teams, and industry, regardless of the current economic trends.
PSP is working to make adjustments within the league to assist with the financial state of teams and the industry in light of the US’s current economic situation and the state of industry sponsorship. We are taking into consideration the general trends we've noted in tournament participation throughout the US. And last, but not least, we have to take into consideration what we need as a company to stay in business.
We are also working on ways to ease the transition for any teams and companies wishing to join the PSP moving forward. We have no intention of raising entry fees or prices. Several changes are being discussed at this time which we hope will prove beneficial to all involved parties. More information will be available through our website at www.pspevents.com in the coming days and weeks as changes are finalized.

Sincerely,

Lane Wright
Chief Operations Officer
Paintball Sports Promotions