Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PSP ROF for 2014!

hoot

Mad Sqad Rebels
Sep 17, 2011
Falkirk, Scotland
Blute sounds somewhat bitter about Millennium. I know this isn't the first time he's railed against the refs/cheating/no automatic win just because they come from 'Merica. Having never played a Millennium event, is it really that bad? Could it be that much worse than a PSP event?

I do understand the maths behind the changes, (there's an excellent post on VFTD covering the recent change as well as some historical links worth reading too: http://viewfromthedeadbox.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/the-controversy-du-jour.html), but I don't see why it's that big a deal.

Marc0

IronWolf
Feb 18, 2004
Sleeping in Bracknell.
www.p8ntballer.com
I know it's a pipe dream but I REALLY wish the PSP and Millennium played the same format/rules/points systems.

PRO Race to 7 with penalty flags and boxes running 12.5 bps on PSP field sizes :)
Semi Pro Race to 5 with standard on field penalties also running 12.5 bps on PSP field sizes.
Amateur Race to 4 or Race to 2 also with on-field penalties and running lower 10.5 bps on Millennium field dimensions.
Novice 5 Man with simplified/relaxed penalties and capped semi-auto only at 10.5 bps on Millennium fields.

I feel this would give real feeling of development to teams and players to push themselves up the divisions to play the tougher formats.

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
@Marc0 one format would be an absolute dream! Although Race has a place in divisional, I do think it would be cool to see pros play classic xball instead...

And Nick (@hoot) I was going to say something about TBD not doing very well at MS maybe being the reason JB doesn't like the series, but I'm not sure to be honest. It looks like they played Bitburg in 2012 and were actually called GI Damage Montreal for that event... Regardless, you're right, it doesn't seem like Blute is very fond of the MS, but then again, you rarely find American paintball personalities that are. Yeah, I saw the maths VFTD put up but really, when it boils down to it, I just can't see the pro teams that currently like to slow-play, suddenly deciding to speed things up! As Joey said in the video, the points will still be just as important and teams will do anything to avoid going down a point.

hoot

Mad Sqad Rebels
Sep 17, 2011
Falkirk, Scotland
Definitely think a unified format is the way forward. There's scope to make changes to match length, possibly to field size too, but something as fundamental as rate of fire should probably be standardised.

Having the elite divisions (and this includes D1, because that's still pretty damn elite) play Xball while the lower divisions play race-to makes sense too. The race format feeds into longer Xball style matches in a sensible way and it would be nice if the leagues would reflected that!

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
No-one is mentioning about the changes towards the side-line coaching which is also about to be limited, is it now for a coach to shout ONLY when there`s a snake player within the snake area , and can`t say anything , unless there is one in there, is the Coach to be included as a Team player to get penalty against Team ( and by rights should be as he`s actually part of it ) if he shouts when there isn`t a snake player in play, the WIN goes to the other Team automaticaly, so even a Coach has to watch when he speaks,
I`m Just asking ??

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
From what I got from that video he just want them to change the format to formula 5's format. I may be wrong but that is how I understand formula 5's is played?

Hollywood87

Jul 22, 2012
I personally think that dropping the rof will not really speed the games up. You will be able to get more ground off the break theoretically however the format is what slows the game down. In race to if you are up two or three points why push the envelope for points when you can sit back, lock down and let the other team bleed out. In Canada we are blessed to still have 15.4 bps and full 25 min halves. That allows us to go down and come back and generally the better teams win. Even if they gave the pros two ten minute halves with minute breaks between points that would speed things up. This would also force teams to play more of their players due to short turn around.

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
Bluey, I think the reason no one is talking about the coaching thing yet, is they've not really quantified what they plan on doing with that. I don't see how they can get around each team simply getting someone to stand in the crowd and shout whatever they want, so I'm not quite sure how they plan to enforce a ruling on coaching. It will be interesting to see what happens though.

@Everyinchtheanimal are you sure? As far as I was aware, F5 was completely different. What Joey wants it to change to is classic Xball. Try watching some of the CXBL or the NCPA college paintball and you'll see what it is.

@Hollywood87 I'm very jealous! The CXBL looks awesome, although incredibly expensive (as it would be to play any xball). I think 10minute halves would be perfect for pro. Realisically, it means that teams can't possibly use more than 30cases a game and that's assuming you've got 5 players laning 10bps non-stop for the whole 20minutes, so surely it's a bit more plausible than the 25min halves. Either way, it's the only way they are ever going to speed up the game. Changing the bps isn't really going to make much of a difference when you can only ever lose a maximum of 7 points.