Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PSP's new 15 BPS rule

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
Uh.... why?

Why would manufacturers not sponsor an event because they required standard boards? In the short term, they may get to sell some replacement baords that meet the standard, and in the long term they just have a different board in the gun. They can even still put in their own software to differentiate their markers to the general market - once the boards are standard, players would only have to buy a $10 chip for their league. With any luck many leagues would use the same chips.

- Chris

OK, at least I know what you are getting at now.

It was the whole custom validation idea you have now abandoned that was confusing me.

You may think this company is 'up themselves' but they definately have the best eye logic of any standard manufacturers board. They are the type of company that knows what things are worth...

People value things differently, I just cant see anyone selling their gun code to a league for next to nothing, not if its any good anyway.

EDIT
Just had another though, it was painfull but Im OK now!

How are you going to fit a dil chip and socket inside all guns?

For example I hear the board in the ion is tiny, far too small to fit a dil chip of any kind, nevermind a socketed one.

The trend is for boards to get smaller, not bigger in the future.

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
Guess Ions won't be legal. :)

I really don't like this full-auto for $300 thing either - that's asking for nothing but trouble.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by Chicago
Guess Ions won't be legal. :)

I really don't like this full-auto for $300 thing either - that's asking for nothing but trouble.
True dat. Course, just like we have laws telling peeps where they can and can't smoke any more and have growing numbers prepared to tell us what we can and can't eat no doubt some civic minded nanny will soon get around to "cheap" paintball guns. Why at those prices any idiot can have one. What's the world coming to?

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Different situations. No amount of safety training will enable you to smoke around someone without exposing them to some carcinogens, while a properly trained and conscientious newb with an Ion oughta be able to avoid blinding someone.

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
It's not the properly trained newbies I worry about, it's the Wal-Mart customers who are being anything but accidental.

Only takes one for some legislator to go "Hey, full auto? Wait a minute!"

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Any legislator who listens to a current electro-anything will think that same thing. Most every non-paintball person who has witnessed me shooting one of my guns asks if it is automatic.

Intheno

People's Supermod
Sep 18, 2003
Chicago (South Side)
Visit site
bet Gyro's answer works better with the ladeeez...
Chicago's suggested answer would sound a bit dweeby to non paintball people though, to be honest....

Having said that I think it is inevitable that the various modes migrate down to starter/budget guns, as they will be viewed as a major feature (who wouldn't want to put thier new toy in 'machine-gun' mode). That said, I agree with Chicago. There are so many more low end guns used, and more of these low-enders are used in renegade games etc, so technically the chance of a nasty accident just went up, which is his point I think. There is no point accusing SP of trying to damage paintball though, because;
a. Everyone will be doing it by the end of the year, and
b. Whats new?