Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Puget layout

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
The Canadian and American teams are pissed and think it's a conspiracy to get the European teams more playing time on the layout lol.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
So far consensus is;
Rarely making the Medusa at the 40 off the break. 3 guns D side kills D1 and opens up a secondary bump from center to medusa, and gooood luck getting anywhere snake side.

Have not heard of anyone putting guns to kill out back center with any consistent luck.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
actually i'd say D1 is the easiest front bunker to make on this layout. From back centre, you cannot put a good enough lane low infront of the D1 because of the cone, so only option is to float about in the open dodging paint if you want to shoot a decent lane there.
The lane to the snake side temple is much easier to shoot, but once you make it there alive its only really the temple/tall cake players that obstruct any further movement. the snake corner isn't as completely useless as it looks, i used it on saturday for one point as a countermeasure to slow down the oppositions snake player after losing ours, while still being able to watch for movement up the teabags. I wouldn't expect anybody to be working it in to a gameplan, but not to be completely ruled out.
worth pushing the snake early though as anybody playing loose on the teabag side temple in the first 30 seconds can easily be shot by snake 1. and that temple is quite a key support bunker for any teams trying to play from the centre of the field out rather than running the corner.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I think that's why they were putting three guns on D1 (Played out by one of the guys on my team with his local team.) Now..the other D side runner may have been just slow, because it looks like if you get low you can make it. But they were playing around with different options.

I don't think they ever put anyone snake corner, but that's interesting as it gives you the option to shoot wire and more than likely without a mirror so you can get out wider.
http://www.millennium-series.com/images/events/fields/puget_breakout_millennium-2015.jpg

From that image, can back center shoot the right side of the temple? That would keep the temple from moving into the snake. Or does the medusa arm get in the way?

My local field doesn't have the new layout, so...that's a bummer, with the wife gone for the next 3 weeks, tough to fly over as I have to be local to take the dog out. Hmmm...maybe I can work something out.

roy2k14

FE
Oct 13, 2014
East Midland, United Kingdom
I just played this field last Sunday, first thing I found that was back center was able to lane down the teebag corner cake but also effectively stopping the teabag player from going D1 to D2 as he would just run straight into it if he tries to. And majority of the game I played temple on teebag side and you can just about put a lane down the small gap between S1 and S2 stopping him from moving up, or snake player that try to get into S2 using the mini M from inside

Reactions: Spikerz

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Thanks Matt! It looked like you could but sometimes the image makes it seem closer than in reality.

Richiemonk

Jul 24, 2005
Norfolk
Is this a sign of the times that there are only 5 British teams registered for the first round of the Mills?