Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PULSE RDR LOADER.....

symes

Jul 9, 2008
lincolnshire
Used mine on Sunday loved it only 1 - 3 difference over 2 chronos was shooting Gi winter paint had No problems until I changed to All Star then was having breaks in the hopper but the All Star worked fine in the spire I believe @WildWayz was having major problems with his gave him some Gi winter paint to try

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
As Symes said, I was having severe problems with mine.

I tried FS Paint (all season), Valken Echo (winter), Valken Fate (winter), Valken Tactical (winter) - if hand fed, shoots great. If the Pulse RDR is on, breach breaks pretty much every other shot.
As soon as I put a Spire or Rotor on it, the paint shot 100% fine. Conclusion; the Pulse RDR is putting too much pressure on the ball stack and winter paint is breaking in the breach.

Oh, I also tried 2 different markers; a Valken Proton and a Planet Eclipse Etha.

One last thing; thanks Symes for giving me some GI Winter paint - it did shoot better, but got 3 breaks still :)

So far, GI Sportz haven't replied back to me.

~Solo~

Sep 13, 2007
Kent
Any updates on the Pulse performance or a reply from GI? This seems to be the only review thread so far and it looks like they have teething troubles.

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Any updates on the Pulse performance or a reply from GI? This seems to be the only review thread so far and it looks like they have teething troubles.
GI Sportz are posting me a brand new one out from America which apparently resolves my issues. No mention of what they have done, but Nick Sloviak told me he had the same problem on pre-production ones at World Cup and his pre-release board had the option to adjust the stack tension, which fixed his issue. This option was removed in the final release for some reason... will let you know when it arrives...

darkfirepheonix

Paintball/Electronics Tech
Dec 5, 2011
Ipswich
GI Sportz are posting me a brand new one out from America which apparently resolves my issues. No mention of what they have done, but Nick Sloviak told me he had the same problem on pre-production ones at World Cup and his pre-release board had the option to adjust the stack tension, which fixed his issue. This option was removed in the final release for some reason... will let you know when it arrives...
I got mine last weekend, played all day with polar ice and f13 paint without an issue.

I have just taken mine apart to take some photos of the internals for everyone to see.
20140125_125613.jpg20140125_125726.jpg 20140125_125756.jpg 20140125_125911.jpg 20140125_125807.jpg
As you should be able to see there are only 2 IC's
1 is a LM339DG (http://www.digchip.com/datasheets/parts/datasheet/477/LM339DG-pdf.php)
other is a LM358 (http://www.ti.com/product/lm358)

There is also a variable resistor that is user adjustable. I would be interested to know what that is operating. If the motor is being directly controlled through this, it could mean that the tension being applied by the motor could just be adjusted by this.

I suspect that the board with the OLED display on will have further components on the back but I will leave that for another time.