Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pump guns or semis?

Micah

I'm of the opnion that pumps on arena fields lend them selfs to a higher more intense fatser pased game.

I'm also of the opnion that Stock players can compete with top pros if they are good enough. Last weekend I, along with some of my other pump teammates practiced with The Bushwackers. Last time I checked they were considered a top (or at least highend) pro team. Sure, when they played well as a unit, I got hosed. But more often that not I was able to win gun battles because my snap shooting skills are more finely honed. Semi players tend to commit to spitting out a long string of paint when they come out to shoot. They start to shoot, I fire my one ball, and come back in to my cover while they empty their hopper, Repeat until my one ball breaks on them. No big thing.

I Shoot people with who rely on suppression all the time. They give me the time to do it.

Come out and watch a Pan-AM stock event. That is some intense paintball. Sucks that it's 3-man, but I play what I can get. The is no long drawn out phase where everyone is trying to suppress everyone else. It's just alot of movement and a few shots until one team is up enough to bunker out the remaining one or 2 players on the loosing team. I've also made some of those games very exciting to watch by being the last one left and wining a 3on1 by moving and shooting accurately. Best of all people watching can fallow the games much better.

Practicing the x-ball format with stock class guns has been insainly fun, but we tend not to take it to seriously, I'd love to play it for real.

Oh and if we did it how I wanted, everyone would have to use 10round tubes and horizontal feed guns (rock and cock) so you wouldn't have to worry about some one like tyger putting out 8-9 bps.

When good players take any bunker on the field they want and use it well, it makes for good paintball.

ok, I'm done.

-Micah

paintballer ron

dude, sup
Oct 20, 2002
Central Louisiana, USA
Visit site
Originally posted by Taperunner
Sure but that's becouse we are letting the industry rule and not the players.

Compare with dart, (you know tossing arrows at a board) there not much money to the industry per game there. But still this weekend is 130 persons competing in front of the TV cameras in Bolton, and the winner walks home with 50 000£

If we allow the sport of paintball to be the same thing as renting paintball (that you play so that some else should be happie no matter if you lose or win the matches) then we will be stuck where we have been the last ten years.

Shooting competition in the olympic games aint with M16, but with arrovs, semi or repeaters. Not spectacular like a rambo movie but still with audience, exitement, pros and so on.

A soccer match doesn't cost much to participate in either..

And for the sneaky part, well use the X Ball format, but with Pumps. Everyone can trigger away 7 BPS with an Angel but it takes skill to do it with a pump. Sure it takes skill do trigger away 15-20 Bps with an electronic marker also but I am sure that the broad mass will find it easier to understand the challange with the 7 bps pumper in comparision.

why are you so anti-industry? not all companies are out to rip everyone off. if you say that companies dont support the industry then you have got to be smoking something. especially at tourneys. i think i may know why you think they are out to rip everyone off. maybe you tried tourney ball once and realised that it DOES cost money to play. maybe you thought that the companies should pay you to use their stuff instead of the other way around. maybe you asked for sponsorship and got turned down. well guess what. if you want the companies to support you, then you have to be able to represent them in a positive way called winning. they are gonna sponsor anyone who asks. if you want the companies to sponsor YOU and not just the industry in general then work harder and start winning tourneys. build up a good rep and then...and only then... send in an aplication.

Micah

Where did that come from? I don't see him as being either anti-industry or a wanna-be sponsor whore. More of a pragmatist who's not content with the current game format and/or sees that there is no good way to market the game as it is. He is simply seeking another way to make the game more enjoyable for more people.

But you can't please all of the people all of the time, and sometimes simply throwing an idea out into the world can get you stoned as we see here.

Everybody chill.

-Micah

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
Originally posted by paintballer ron
if you want the companies to support you, then you have to be able to represent them in a positive way called winning.
If winning is the only thing they look for then there's a lot of problems with the way it's done.

Anyway, I agree with Micah. Go try pump play, and see what you think of it.

-Tyger

Taperunner

Remember one still counts
May 31, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
Originally posted by paintballer ron
why are you so anti-industry? [...]
I'm definetly not anti-industry. Nor do I seek sponsorship again. The industry shall do what it does best, make the things that we, the players (the consumers) demands.

But as long as we don't say how we would like to see paintball be played then the industry will continue to tell us that we should go for higher bps, more paint and so on. It's easy to understand that some players would like to have a tournament with paint-limit and it's easy to understand that a ball manufacturer are quite satisfied with the no limit and high ROF concept.

Originally posted by Micah
Where did that come from?
I don't see him as being either anti-industry or a wanna-be sponsor whore. More of a pragmatist who's not content with the current game format and/or sees that there is no good way to market the game as it is. He is simply seeking another way to make the game more enjoyable for more people.[...]
Thanks Micah, I couldn't said it better myself. Really thanks!

Tiny man

Weebl and Bob!
May 16, 2003
Shropshire, England
Originally posted by Tyger

Anyway, I agree with Micah. Go try pump play, and see what you think of it.
True dat but Pumps are crap if you play em against semis even though people who shoot pumps are generally better at aiming then semi players.