Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pump Guns?

unfortunately with a pump, you simply don't have the firepower of pretty much anybody else in paintball today, they're great if you're playing other people who are using pumps, i love them. But, if you want to be able to keep up with the pace of the game, a semi-auto marker is pretty much essential. There are some really good value semis around at the moment, the tippmann model 98 is a great example, really reliable and excellent value for money.

Kieran

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
Umm....

I maintain that you can be just as competitive with a pump gun as you can with a semi, but it just take a lot of guts and skill building.

I do it all the time. I think it's worth it, IMHO. :D

Good pumps... The Phantom is pretty good, but it's also higher end. http://www.phantomonline.com is where you can see them for yerself. The Sterling is a good gun too, Smart Parts has 'em. But, they feel, I dunno, goofy to me. I've never gotten the hang of the Sterling.

Cheaper pump guns that are still good woldbe the a Trracer / Tagmaster. They're cheap, but they're good. If you can find a good SL 68 2, those are good and sturdy too. Tippman makes a good product, the SL2 is no exception.

-Tyger

I agree that in non arena based games you can be just as competative with a pump but that takes a lot of practise and skill. I think that if you're newish to the game, it is easier to compete with a reliable semi, ive got a trracer that i still use for fun sometimes, its gr8 but i wouldn't take it to a tourney or use it against experienced players with angels etcetera unless i was just in the mood for a laugh....

K

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
I would, actually I have. Skyball, every year. :)

Seriously tho. If you're still new, rent a semi a few times to just let it all hang out and have fun. Pump play is more a tool for learning now days, or a show of skills. Anyone who plays pump I give kudos to.

You do save money, and you CAN save paint too. With my Phantom I've had days wheer eI shot 1/2 a case out of it. (Don't ask... I use JT speedpods too...) Mostly it's a matter of using a pump as a handicap or as a learnign tool. :)

All cool, go play, enjoy. :cool:

-Tyg
(Who has used semis too, contrary to popular belief)