Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

pump or semi?

Brianguard16

Nov 11, 2001
Indiana, USA
Visit site
I'd say once you have a better feel for the game, then try the pumps. And yes, I think they would be good for aiming practice. But get whatever you think that will be best for you. :)

rob_evanson

Veni Vidi Vici
Jul 27, 2001
Cheshire, England
www.teamquestpaintball.co.uk
A year or so ago I would have said pump, because of the stance and way you have to pump you would have to think more about your movement, bunker positions and accuracy, thus helping your game vastly. But to try that in a sport that is virtually all semi would put you a a great disadvantage and you would probably get lit up every other game. My personal opinion is go Semi and if you have the money later or see a bargin second hand pump for sale them go for it then. You can go out and have a laugh with it. Hope this helps!

Jones the Paint Magnet

All the gear - no idea
Dec 19, 2001
Croydon/East Grinstead
Visit site
Depends what kind of game you play, mate. I would hesitate to use a pump in a tourney where you will be facing semis and electros - the rate of fire on such a small field will keep you at a disavantage.

However, you can get pump tourneys which I hear are a blast, plus you can use a pump to good effect in a rec-day walk on. Given that you can pick up some quality pumps second-hand for next to nothing, you could always get both! I found getting a cheap pump as a first marker helped me get to know the technical ins and outs of how a marker operates and how to take it to bits.

davidotrot

Mar 20, 2002
southern california
Visit site
What you should start with depends on where and with who you play. If you're going to be playing at a field, go semi. Hardly anyone at a field plays with a pump, so you'd end up getting plastered. If you plan on playing with other people that have pumps, then go for a pump.