Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Q's about Tippmann's

DSONYX99

Oct 26, 2001
Rapid City, SD
Visit site
Please answer some quick questions for me about the next gun I will progress to (afford at this time), the Tippmann.

1. What is the difference between the model98 and 98 Custom?

2. Which of these barrels would you recommend to put on the gun:
A. SmartParts All American
B. 32Deg. CarbonFiber
C. Dye Boomstick
D. JJ ceramic

3. What are the ads/disads for any of these barrels? Any good/bad experiences with them?

4. Is 14 inch the optimal length for accuracy/range ratio?

Thank you

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
Firstly make sure you have a decent mask!! A good marker is no good if (a) you cant see a thing cos your goggles have steamed up or (b) your dead cos they broke :D

The Custom 98 can accept something called "Drop-in" kits that Tippman Inc. make. These include, reactive trigger, low pressure internals, etc.

The best barrel to put on *any* paintball marker is what that matches your paint! Just as long as you have a good match it doesnt matter.

The site at which i work at uses them, they are fine, you get the occasional chopping but thats about it. If anything goes wrong, you just pull the cock back and you laughing. The optimum barrel lengths are 12" 14" and 16". Most people play with these, too long it just slows the ball down losing range and accuracy, too small the accuracy is crap.

XPAINTBALLERX

Nov 8, 2001
New Jersey
Visit site
Alright with the tippmann custum you can upgrade it alot more. There are more things you can do to it liike kits. and as far as the barel is conserned i like the carbon fiber myself it is acurate and dependable that is just my opinion..