Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Quality action camera ???

killergoose66

SPARTANS PREPARE FOR WAR Ahoo Ahoo Ahoo!!!
Nov 13, 2013
Bristol
hi, looking for a action camera can anyone advise me on a good one to get or what they are using. Also not sure whether to go with helmet or marker cam??? Cheers guys

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
go pros , they are the go to cameras
Go Pros are the default due to being first in the field and are the preference of 'character' TV production for that reason
For paintball, not so
They are an automatic choice, and like Hoover is the brand name that has become generic for vacuums, gopro is the name for action cameras.
It's not the ideal design for paintball - being a blocky camera, bullet cams are more practical
Gopro do not support paintball, and the latest is a model with integrated case which means if you damage the case the camera is destroyed

There are many gopro style clones and also clone designs with the same chipset

I recommend contour, but for the money you can go much further with cheaper bullet cams. You do get what you pay for, however check the features and modes you realy want / need and buy accordingly

deaallen

Nov 4, 2010
Basingstoke, Hampshire
I was set on buying the new gopro session when it came out. It looked perfect, fully water and shock proof housing, much smaller than the previous models and has all the bells and whistles I would want, then I searched for some paintball related reviews and it turns out the lens on them can't take a direct hit from a paintball:

Also because of the way they've been manufactured to be water prood if this happens they can't be repaired, they need to be chucked away! Theres no way I'm risking £330 for a camera which might get completely destroyed from one hit of a paintball.

I'm now looking at buying a polaroid cube + with WiFi, its due to be released in October and although the first gen's had some pretty bad reviews I'm hopeful that they've sorted most of its issues out with this model. Plus its only around £150 which I'm much easier on the wallet!

http://www.polaroid.com/products/cube-plus-action-camera

MandanX

Jan 7, 2014
Isle of Man
There is someone who uses a go pro at the site I go to, it's used mainly when being a reff but had been used in a game..... It's mounted on the chest and has took a few shots to it and it's held firm.....

deaallen

Nov 4, 2010
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Yeah the stabdard models do fine when used with the correct case, but with the smaller profile gopro session model it comes built waterproof and shockproof but this doesn't seem enough to stand up to paintballs :/