Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Quality action camera ???

Narkadox

The Man With The Golden Gun
Jan 3, 2013
I use a two, a Polaroid XS100 and a ShotTrak HD Gun Cam. Polaroid on my mask and the ShotTrak on my marker (has a 5x Zoom lens so you can see the shots).

I will say however I'm pretty certain a direct hit will destroy the ShotTrak. The plastic it's made of doesn't feel up to much, but there's no real alternative on the market bar making your own so it's just a risk I'll take.

Love the Polaroid. So easy to use, feels solid and if (when) it takes a direct hit, the front lens cover just screws off to replace.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Polaroid-Extreme-Waterproof-Mounting-Included/dp/B00A81SXHI

http://www.scottcountry.co.uk/products-ATN-Shot-Trak-HD-Series-Gun-Mounted-Action-Cam-5861.htm

Footage I've shot with them:

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The waterproof case is the standard that you need for paintball
With contours it is water proof to a depth as is and the lens can take a direct hit, or be replaced. The lens on mine has taken a lot of direct hits and the back door has taken a few hits. A team mate had the back button shot through, but was sorted by contour (we were sponsored by contour Scotland at the time)
The back door on mine had survived until recently, it now has a damaged and doesn't lock shut (i think it happened while I had it open for charging, so wasn't a paintball injury). For the last couple of events I've stuck it shut with electrical tape

The recent gopro as mentioned above has the waterproof case integrated, and with cheaper models to compete with the clones is in more danger from paintball
Many people have happily played with gopros but there have been the older tougher ones broken and the owners lose an expensive camera that is unsupported by contour
Note that in all the extreme sports and action they show in adverts they never include paintball

A chest mount is fine, but is limited
Not much good when playing

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I have another gopro style Chinese clone, can't remember the name at the moment but I've mentioned it a few times in the forum if you search through (there should be a thread on mounting methods)
Edit - it's an AEE

This has given me good use, came for a fraction of the price of just a gopro camera but included camera, battery, case, lcd screen and an abundance of mounts. Everything but a memory card
The case also goes on standard camera mounts

This has survived everything from paintball to pyrotechnics (not actually attempting to blow it up but in front of smoke and flashbangs etc)
The only issue now after a few years is the battery has pretty much had it and I can get a camera cheaper then a battery