Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Query: Differences between E-mags and X-mags?

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
Alright, so after seeing the lovely CNC Euromag on the for sale section, I have decided that it is very much my type of thing, and I like the look of them. There seem to be a few floating around of B/S/T threads over in the states and a couple on Ebay. However, being in the realm of paintballing for just under a year, some questions:

E-mags and X-mags? Is there a signifigant difference?
Also, I think they are electros? Could someone confirm/deny this please?
Anything I should lookout for when buying/bidding on a mag?
Teching a Mag.. is it a simple affair, or do I need to have several experts on hand?
And finally, what sort of price range is good, bad and ugly respectively?

Cheers!

Rob

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Both E and X mags are electro/mech guns. The main difference is the valve, and body type they use. E mags use the earlier RT style valve, and steel bodies mounted to a seperate rail. The X mag uses lightweight aluminium body with rail built in, anti chop level 10 X valve, and removable breech module. Operation is via rechargeable 18v battery pack, multi function circuit board (with ACE on the later mags), hall effect trigger switch and a solenoid tripped trigger sear. The Emag's can also be shot in mechanical (power off) or hybrid modes via a selector switch.

The mechanical X-mag referred to by Random Invert were actually sold as Euro ULE Mag's. These were purely mechanical, ultralight spec Automags, with RT effect triggers which used the same X-valve as the later E Mags

Last edited:

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
Have to admit was tempted myself but what I really have in my mind now is a X-valved ULE Automag they just look damn sexy

Last edited:

Game

Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
I did read on the x mag you could turn off the electrics if you had problems and run them as a mech but dont know if this is true or not

Last edited:

renie

Mar 2, 2008
Have to admit was tempted myself but what I really have in my mind now is a X-valved ULE Automag they just look damn sexy
It just so happens i know someone who has one he might be selling :)

Last edited:

Game

Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
might be interested but only just paid for a cocker yesterday so might need to shift some things to pay for one