Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

QUESTION ABOUT JERSEY RULES

sammgcollins

DOA Captain
Mar 19, 2012
Hi there,

Just designing team jerseys and am interested...

Does anybody know what the rules are on jersey requirements?

for example...
does a jersey have to have a number on it for a team to enter a tournament? and/or does this rule differ for different tournements?

Thanks in advance,
Sam

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
when playing a major Event especially overseas and there are commentators over a tv or radio network they normally sit at the side netting and so can only see the sides of players as usually the players name is on their backs, and in front of a commentator there`s a sheet with players names against their numbers, they would look like plonkers if they kept saying there`s that bloke over there and another over there, so that`s a good reason to have a number on your arms.
however , over here in the UK when playing in general then NO it`s not necessary.

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
I`m saying No not really as there`s not even an ID card produced to which I thought was to stop Sandbagging = a 1st div player to play in a 4th div game which so often happens, It may all change as from next year as I believe one wont be allowed to play any major Event if you don`t have a UKPSF ID number, I may be wrong ?

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Uhh wow that's really surprising. 10 years ago I had to have an NPPL card that had my division across it. Because I played in the Am division in a league in CA, it made it so we had to play Div 2 instead of 3 (Could not have any players who played above Div 1 in a Div 3 team). Of course even after Chuck made a big deal about it during the captains meeting, they still caught 1-2 teams sandbagging, and gave wins to all the teams they played against.

As to jersey's I know there are some restrictions on certain colors like pink/yellow being in them. The rules are decently clear on it though, check the link that alexd posted.

Last edited:
Reactions: alexd